Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Recommend me car care products: sensible budget, not much time available

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2011, 06:52 PM
Dave Thornton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend me car care products: sensible budget, not much time available

Yes, I'd like to have my cake and eat it. I live down a country lane and my cars are dirty nearly all of the time. One is black metallic, the other is dark blue metallic.

All I currently have time for each week is 5 mins from the pressure washer, bucket and sponge with Zymol shampoo then pressure wash off and drive round the block to dry it. I can do 2 cars in 45 mins and I get 80% of the appearance for 20% of the time/effort.

I don't have the time or money for dozens of products but I would like to get a better and lasting finish so the water beads. I currently use Zymol shampoo, pre-wax cleanser and then carnauba wax but they're nearly finished and to do the wax properly takes more time than I have, so the cars only get done about twice a year.

Please recommend me some products which are quick to use, make the water bead nicely and won't get washed off at the next wash. Happy to invest in good products if it saves time next time.
Old 10 March 2011, 07:47 PM
beastgtir
Scooby Regular

autoglym ultra deep shine, followed by extra gloss protection.

all you need, quick wash and polish then following week, wash and seal it with the egp
Old 10 March 2011, 08:49 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

You will only get the results you desire by investing time or decent products.Using a 2 bucket method will reduce the damage you cause while washing for a start.
Collinite 476 sealant wax will give you at least 4 months protection as oposed to cheaper waxes which won't
Old 11 March 2011, 09:20 AM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dave Thornton
Yes, I'd like to have my cake and eat it. I live down a country lane and my cars are dirty nearly all of the time. One is black metallic, the other is dark blue metallic.

All I currently have time for each week is 5 mins from the pressure washer, bucket and sponge with Zymol shampoo then pressure wash off and drive round the block to dry it. I can do 2 cars in 45 mins and I get 80% of the appearance for 20% of the time/effort.

I don't have the time or money for dozens of products but I would like to get a better and lasting finish so the water beads. I currently use Zymol shampoo, pre-wax cleanser and then carnauba wax but they're nearly finished and to do the wax properly takes more time than I have, so the cars only get done about twice a year.

Please recommend me some products which are quick to use, make the water bead nicely and won't get washed off at the next wash. Happy to invest in good products if it saves time next time.
On metallics, sealants will give a more reflective finish than waxes, setting off the metallic flake much more too: Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection is ideal as it sets off the metallic flake well but is glossier than many sealants too. Tight water beading, very easy to apply and buff (liquid, so no stiff buffing, one coat can be applied and buffed in about 25 minutes)

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...rotection.html

A single coat will give around 4 months protection and you can layer the product too. One bottle, between 2 cars, should last around 18 months at a rough estimate.