Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Looking for advice and your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2011, 12:14 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice and your thoughts

I'm looking for advice on a few tasks I have coming up. I have 3 cars to do when the weather warms up a bit. Sorry this might be a lengthy post.

I'll start with the easy one (my 09 hatch). I think despite carefull filling, there seems to be diesel on the paint work. Despite using APC and AG degreaser, it still seems to be there as a bonded film. Whats the best product to get rid of this before machinging with a DA?

Also I need a clay that ideally could do with being used with water or a water lube mix, with 3 cars to do, the lube could get expensive.

Its also covered in marring which I'm certain isn't from washing, last year I did the the car quickly and the bonnet came up fine. Infact the bonnet shows the usual marring from washing and thats it, yet the rest of the car looks like its 10 years old. I know I used a spot bad on the entire bonnet (never seem to get the 6" pads to work properly). Apart from time is there any reason why I couldn't do the entire car in spot pads?

Now onto the other 2 cars a 03 206 and a 99 A4. As the owner of the 206 lets me use the drive and hose at her place I've said I will detail the cars.

206 belongs to a WPC, and horse fanatic so you can imagine the state its in as its hardly washed (when it is its by me). TBH its not in a bad state, but spider webbed to hell!

The A4 belongs to her husband to be, who is leaving the army next month and has just qualified as a plumber. So the A4 is being sold to be replaced by a van. Again very clean but spider webbed to hell and back!

Will 203 be fine on these on these paints? I'd like to use a PTG but for only 3 cars I'm trying to justify the expence.

I'd like to do something nice for them, as its their drive and hose I use when washing mine, and they are both struggling to keep heads above water with the wedding and house renovation. He made the decision to get married after being in a landrover that got hit by an IED in the first week of being deployed. His tally was 2 IED's and an RPG that missed him by 1m!

Cheers
Simon
Old 07 February 2011, 02:09 PM
John @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Simon,

I can offer some advice: could you just copy and paste your post into an email and send it across to me at enquiries@polishedbliss.co.uk - it could be a lengthy reply so email would probably be easiest for us both!

If you could also let me know what pads, polishes and waxes/sealants you have at the moment, that'd be great.

Thanks

John