Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Rear arch cleaning?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2010, 12:08 AM
wrxwill05
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear arch cleaning?

Hi guys

Bit of a question here! I'm been going over my car (new-age 05) making a list of what needs correcting in terms of body work over the next few weeks and while looking at my rear wheels I noticed the rear arches are really "grotty" the front arches have the plastic fender that can be nicely cleaned / restored but the rear aches seem to have an almost crusty / flakey material stuck to them.... I know its not permanent because where the pressure washer has hit the arches in the past there is small chunks missing and exposing the blue arch....... so my question is this!

Is it a good idea to remove the rear wheel and get rid of that stuff? What is it there for??

Cheers in advance guys!
Will
Old 11 August 2010, 04:06 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrxwill05
Hi guys

Bit of a question here! I'm been going over my car (new-age 05) making a list of what needs correcting in terms of body work over the next few weeks and while looking at my rear wheels I noticed the rear arches are really "grotty" the front arches have the plastic fender that can be nicely cleaned / restored but the rear aches seem to have an almost crusty / flakey material stuck to them.... I know its not permanent because where the pressure washer has hit the arches in the past there is small chunks missing and exposing the blue arch....... so my question is this!

Is it a good idea to remove the rear wheel and get rid of that stuff? What is it there for??

Cheers in advance guys!
Will
Pics would help tbh. It may be underseal that was badly applied from new. Best bet is to clean it off and reapply

If you want to do for the bling look then clean it all off - jet wash, degrease etc - then a light polish and seal with Jetseal 109. A few layers should do it. Then keep it topped up. Not a good idea if an everyday car though. You'd be better off with the underseal.
Old 13 August 2010, 07:04 PM
johnson12
Scooby Regular

You should be able to clean them up and bring they up like new with megs super degreaser or poorboys bare bones.
Old 13 August 2010, 08:46 PM
wrxwill05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnson12
You should be able to clean them up and bring they up like new with megs super degreaser or poorboys bare bones.
ahhh nice one dude! I'll see if I can clean it up before I consider removing it and reapplying :-)

I'm in the mood for detailing!!!!