Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Wheel Seal and Shine

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2010, 12:33 AM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Seal and Shine

ive used a few products to help protect and help with the cleaning of my alloys esp as I have new ones which are white.

To name a few Ive tryed are AutoGlyms wheel seal and shine and planet polishes wheel seal and shine.

Ive been told that the last one when it comes to cleaning them all you have to do is stick a hose pipe on them and watch the brake dust run off, well I would say 30% does but thats it and that with the hose gun on jet as well.

Im wanting a product that will still protect them put as the wheels are white im wanting something that will just let nearly all the brake dust run off when I wash them. I cant really get my hands between the spokes as there is not much room.

Can member please post up what they use and ho much effort you have to take when cleaning the wheels.

Cheers
Old 25 March 2010, 01:51 PM
Clark @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on the finish of the wheel really mate and also what kind of pads you're running. Some wheels will rinse easily whilst others will require a bit of agitation to get them clean again. Hosepipes will never really get as much dirt and grime off paintwork and wheels as a pressure washer will either.

For protecting the wheels on my WR1 I use Blackfire Metal Sealant :Blackfire All Metal Sealant | Blackfire Car Care & Detailing Products

This is extremely heat resistant and lasts a good couple of months on the tailpipe of my Impreza - I'm sure you'll be well aware of how hot these can get

I find an application every month or so is more than enough to keep them protected and all I need is normal shampoo and water to clean them - no dedicated wheel cleaners at all.

If you want a slightly cheaper alternative then there's the Poorboys and Migliore Wheel Sealants: Poorboy's Wheel Sealant | Poorboy's Car Care & Detailing Products & Migliore Wheel Seal | Migliore Car Care & Detailing Products.

If you're struggling to get in about the spokes then some different sized brushes might come in handy: EZ Detail Wheel Brushes | EZ Detail Car Care & Detailing Products & Raceglaze Detailing Brush Set | Raceglaze Car Care & Detailing Products.

Hope that helps