Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Whats needed to get rid of dusty like stuff (possibly sap?) from a white classic

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2009, 07:36 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats needed to get rid of dusty like stuff (possibly sap?) from a white classic

As title, gave the car a good clean the other day it def. needs going over with something to get rid of the dust like stuff when you look close.
I used the Werkstatt kit (however you spell it) and was very happy with how it came up, only gave it a very quick clean, spent 2 and a half hours in total but as you'll see its bought a nice shine to the white paint (wasn't sunny at all, otherwise it'd looked better)

You can see the house and the hedge on the bonnet. But its just the dust like stuff I've got to get rid of now to get it looking really really good.
Old 13 August 2009, 08:20 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

You should try a good 'clay bar' session. This is the normal procedure to get rid of contaminants.
Old 14 August 2009, 04:49 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As general good practice I always de-tar and clay before applying Werkstatt from the beginning, helps the Acrylic bond better to the paintwork by the contaminants being removed, would hope for 4-6 months out of it when topping up on Jet Trigger around once a month (Glos whenever I have enough time after each wash).
I nearly sounded like I knew what I was talking about there !
Old 19 August 2009, 12:44 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

I would undertake the following decontamination procedure ahead of using the Werkstat system next time round...

Step 1 - Autosmart Tardis & Accessories (to remove tar spots, tree sap, etc) - Autosmart Tardis - Autosmart Car Care and Detailing Products

Step 2 - Meguiars Quik Clay Kit (to remove industrial fallout, soot, etc) - Meguiars Quik Clay Kit - Meguiars Car Care and Detailing Products

Old 19 August 2009, 12:49 PM
vertar
Scooby Newbie

Not a big fan of the Megs clay myself, tends to go a bit stringy and mushy.