Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

snow foam lance problem??

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2009, 05:36 PM
JGT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry snow foam lance problem??

Recieved my snow foam lance and hyperwash from a well known company last week. Eager to try it out I got on and fitted it up to the Karcher, and it took all of about 15 seconds to get its foaming action, no problems whatsoever, used 250ml of hyperwash and toped up with warm water, did the car and only used aprox 1/4 of the bottle. Job was a goodun!!

Thought I'd wash the car off this afternoon as I put a few miles on her over the weekend !!
This was not to be the case the karcher would try and kick in but could'nt follow though, got more suds than foam and pretty much used the remainder of the bottle!!

Their was no kinks in any of the hoses, tryed different settings and adjustments but it wasnt having any of it!!

Any suggestions

JGT
Old 23 February 2009, 07:44 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Did you flush the detergent line through after use, by putting in a bucket of clean water? If not it could be that it has blocked the system. You could try pulling warm water through the detergent tube to try and loosen it up aswell as running water through from the hose pipe. It could be worth looking on the Karcher website for info on your washer as the one I have will suck water from a water butt instead of the hose pipe so if so you could use a big bucket of warm water through there aswell.
Old 23 February 2009, 07:56 PM
alpha charlie
Scooby Regular

What hose connection you got at the pressure washer?
I have read somewhere that a hoselock stop connector can cause issues, mind you I guess you have checked out the lance without the foam lance on?
AC
Old 23 February 2009, 08:52 PM
fossie
Scooby Regular

I have had this issue, i just took the top end of it to bits and cleaned it out, it had a blockage in it somewhere
Old 23 February 2009, 09:52 PM
JGT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 360ste
Did you flush the detergent line through after use, by putting in a bucket of clean water? If not it could be that it has blocked the system. You could try pulling warm water through the detergent tube to try and loosen it up aswell as running water through from the hose pipe. It could be worth looking on the Karcher website for info on your washer as the one I have will suck water from a water butt instead of the hose pipe so if so you could use a big bucket of warm water through there aswell.
Thanks for that usefull information, No I did'nt wash the lance through after using so will give it a go to see if it makes a difference!
Old 23 February 2009, 09:55 PM
JGT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alpha charlie
What hose connection you got at the pressure washer?
I have read somewhere that a hoselock stop connector can cause issues, mind you I guess you have checked out the lance without the foam lance on?
AC
Ac, yup works fine with the karcher lance, have got one hoselock stop connector so I will get rid of that one.
Old 23 February 2009, 10:03 PM
JGT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fossie
I have had this issue, i just took the top end of it to bits and cleaned it out, it had a blockage in it somewhere
Im thinking along the same lines after the other comment made, had not even crossed my mind regarding stripping it down untill you mentioned it.
Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 27 February 2009, 10:33 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

We've sometimes experienced similar problems with our washers and lances, and in all cases to date it's been due to a build up of scale and/or corrosion coming loose and blocking in-line filters, etc. Generally when I get a problem like this, I take apart what I can and flush everything out with running water, and also soak any removable filters and the lance head in a strong descaling solution. It's not clear from the above where exactly the problem might lie in this case, so I'd take apart what you can, flush the washer through without the lance hose attached, and then with the lance hose attached, and then with the foam lance attached until you narrow down/solve the problem. I'm at my desk all day today if you need to talk it through over the phone.
Old 07 April 2009, 05:11 PM
JGT
Scooby Regular

Thanks, for everyones help,
It seems my pressure washer was not up to the job!!

A new pressure washer was required and all seems fine and dandy!!

JGT