Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Cleaning a typical Blue Scooby...

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2009, 01:25 PM
sammydice
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning a typical Blue Scooby...

Hi...

Just bought myself a 2003 STi - in WR Blue - Paint works is spotless and I want to keep it that way...

Can you recommend the best...

Shampoo
Polish
Glaze
and Wax or Sealent
to use on this colour ?

Cheers

Ian
Old 06 February 2009, 08:54 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

What is your budget? What look do you want? How will the products be applied...machine polisher or by hand?
Old 07 February 2009, 04:43 PM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

DODO Juice Super Natural 2 just had full detail for the winter bout 7 weeks ago on my wr blue 05 sti and topped it with this gave a great depth to the wet look and made the wr blue really pop the last 2 times iv washed it after drying i have used dodo red mist on the car and all i can say is its amazing the colour is just unbelieveable its like the med sea. grieg

get some from JKP Detail - Home
Old 09 February 2009, 01:09 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

I would suggest the following if you are fairly new to detailing...

Wash (ideally every week)

Basic Car Wash Kit - Basic Car Wash Kit - Polished Bliss Car Care and Detailing Kits (choosing the Blackfire shampoo)
2 x Clear Buckets - Clear Wash Buckets - Polished Bliss Car Care and Detailing Products

Clay (once or twice a year, spring and autumn are the best times)

Meguiars Quik Clay - http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...lay-clean.html

Polish (after claying, thus done once or twice a year)

To correct swirl marks and other light to moderate defects (fine scratches and etching) on your car, we recommend a two stage process starting with Menzerna Intensive Polish in conjunction with Lake Country German CCS Light Cut Pads. Working small areas at a time using firm pressure should enable you to correct around 90% of the defects present in just 1-2 attempts per panel. Any remaining defects should then be partially hidden and the overall finish refined with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish in conjunction with Lake Country German CCS Polishing Pads. Working small areas at a time using light pressure should enable you to partially hide any remaining defects and maximise the gloss in just a single attempt per panel. You should be aware from the outset that although this method will yield very good results, it will require a significant amount of hard work!

Menzerna Intensive Polish - Menzerna Intensive Polish - Menzerna Car Care and Detailing Products
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish - Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
Lake Country German CCS Light Cut Pad - Lake Country German CCS Pads - Lake Country Car Care and Detailing Products
Lake Country German CCS Polishing Pad - Lake Country German CCS Pads - Lake Country Car Care and Detailing Products
Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Car Care and Detailing Products

Protect (apply a fresh coat every 6-8 weeks)

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
Blackfire Ultimate LSP Applicator Pad - Blackfire Ultimate LSP Applicator Pad - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products
Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel - Poorboys Car Care and Detailing Products

I hope that helps, if you have any more questions please fire away, I'm always happy to help.

PS -this link shows the finish the Blackfire range produces on WR Blue to give you an idea in advance (click first thumbnail to start slideshow)...

Car Care Advice - Frequently asked questions about car care products and techniques