Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

white classic in need of a clean with what ???

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2009, 04:58 PM
lumpy24uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white classic in need of a clean with what ???

well i finally got to cleaning the car after sitting for a year as car was damaged suspension bottom arms etc cars all fixed now just got to tax and mot her. washed the car last night and after washing the white paintwork seems to have gone yellowish whats the best thing to do and use to get her gleaming white again apart from a respray ..dont want to hire someone to do this would want to do this myself any info would be cool cheers
Old 16 January 2009, 10:31 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Fingers crossed it's just oxidation, which you should be able to sort out yourself with a little bit or elbow work. I would suggest starting out by using the Werkstat Acrylic Kit; the initial product in the system (Prime Acrylic) is a deep paint cleanser that lifts deep seated grime and oxidation and lays down a basecoat of sealant protection. In many cases this will solve the problem fully. However, if it doesn't, the next step would be to cut the paint back lightly using a mild abrasive polish - the best for hand use on Subaru paint is Menzerna Intensive Polish, applied using a Lake Country German CCS Light Cut Pad. After cutting back, you would then proceed with the Werkstat Kit again. Here is a set of example images showing the finish Werkstat Acrylic produces on white paint...

Car Care Advice - Frequently asked questions about car care products and techniques

...and here is further information on the Werkstat products, including what they do and how to use them in the right order...

Werkstat Acrylic Kit - Werkstat Car Care and Detailing Products

Old 16 January 2009, 11:07 AM
lumpy24uk
Scooby Regular

thanks for the info that has really helped will def be buying the kit... birthday in couple of weeks its on my list : )
Old 16 January 2009, 03:55 PM
Andy Hamilton
Scooby Regular

I can vouch for the Werkstat kit, it's excellent, been using it on my Megane R26 (see my thread in this section). Also offers great protection, especially at this time of year. I have four layers of Acrylic Jett Trigger on mine (five on the bonnet and front bumper) and it's holding up well

Nice beading