Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Im confused!

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2009, 11:08 AM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im confused!

I want to give my 06 wr blue a good clean but im confused on what product does what.
I've got a AB foam lance with megs hyper(should be delivered tommorow)
I've got some autoglm Tar remover and some megs nxt shampoo.

What the best cleaning Process and products and what do they do?
PB (sorry mate dont know your name) said bout Blackfire wet diamond-what is that-polish or shampoo? Can't find it anywhere!
What about the inside?

Can someone just give me a break down of the process and what products to use and what they are and where to get them?

Sorry Im a DIME BAR i know!
Cheers J
Old 11 January 2009, 06:09 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

hi best starting place is to have a read of this link Car Care Advice - How to safely and effectively detail your car to perfection

Blackfire wet diamond is a Sealant and can be topped with a wax. check my scooby for the effects. best place to by all of these things is from PB using the link above he is a top guy and wrll always look after you. have a read and get back to us for more advice

"06 wr blue" best scooby ever !
Old 11 January 2009, 06:22 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...dirty-wrx.html

blackfire on WR blue
Old 12 January 2009, 10:56 AM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
Looking very good

Thanks for reply-looks like i need to invest in a bit more products.
Old 12 January 2009, 01:46 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Here is a good basic process description for you to get started with, bearuing in mind the key stages for a full detail are: wash > decontaminate > polish > protect.

1. Rinse off thoroughly, ideally using pressure, then foam using the foam lance and the Hyper Wash. Rinse off after 5 mins, again using pressure, then foam again.

2. Immediately hand wash using your NXT shampoo and the two bucket method, along with wash mitts. Rinse afterwards using an open ended hose and dry off using microfibre drying towels.

3. Apply tar remover as per insrtuctions, then rinse off thoroughly. Test the smoothness of the paint - if your fingertips can still detect roughness you should then clay using a mild clay bar and lubricant - Meguiars Quik Clay is ideal for novices. After claying, rinse again and redry the car.

4. Glaze the paint with either Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish or Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, to enhance depth and gloss - this can be applied by hand or machine equally well using appropriate foam pads, and should be buffed off using soft plush microfibre towels.

4. Seal the paint using Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, again applied using a foam pad and buffing off with soft plush towels.

5. After the initial full monty treatment, try to wash the car every 1-2 weeks and quick detail after drying to ensure no water spotting - a good product for this if you don't already have one is Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant. Aim to top up the sealant every 6-8 weeks, or more often if you have the time - the more coats you get on the glossier the finish will get.

6. Start over from scratch every 6 months to remove bonded contaminants.

7. Interior - vacuum thoroughly, and wipe down all hard plastic/vinyl surfaces with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing, applied using a Meguiars Microfibre Applicator Pad - leave to dry naturally for a lovely satin finish with a nice coconut/marzipan scent.

That's the basics and should get you off and running - all of the above products can be found in our store, click through using the banner in my signature below. If you need anything else let me know by e-mail, as I may not be back on for a few days now.

Last edited by Rich @ PB; 12 January 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 13 January 2009, 04:40 PM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Here is a good basic process description for you to get started with, bearuing in mind the key stages for a full detail are: wash > decontaminate > polish > protect.

1. Rinse off thoroughly, ideally using pressure, then foam using the foam lance and the Hyper Wash. Rinse off after 5 mins, again using pressure, then foam again.

2. Immediately hand wash using your NXT shampoo and the two bucket method, along with wash mitts. Rinse afterwards using an open ended hose and dry off using microfibre drying towels.

3. Apply tar remover as per insrtuctions, then rinse off thoroughly. Test the smoothness of the paint - if your fingertips can still detect roughness you should then clay using a mild clay bar and lubricant - Meguiars Quik Clay is ideal for novices. After claying, rinse again and redry the car.

4. Glaze the paint with either Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish or Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, to enhance depth and gloss - this can be applied by hand or machine equally well using appropriate foam pads, and should be buffed off using soft plush microfibre towels.

4. Seal the paint using Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, again applied using a foam pad and buffing off with soft plush towels.

5. After the initial full monty treatment, try to wash the car every 1-2 weeks and quick detail after drying to ensure no water spotting - a good product for this if you don't already have one is Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant. Aim to top up the sealant every 6-8 weeks, or more often if you have the time - the more coats you get on the glossier the finish will get.

6. Start over from scratch every 6 months to remove bonded contaminants.

7. Interior - vacuum thoroughly, and wipe down all hard plastic/vinyl surfaces with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing, applied using a Meguiars Microfibre Applicator Pad - leave to dry naturally for a lovely satin finish with a nice coconut/marzipan scent.

That's the basics and should get you off and running - all of the above products can be found in our store, click through using the banner in my signature below. If you need anything else let me know by e-mail, as I may not be back on for a few days now.

Email sent