Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Glacier White Mégane Renaultsport R26

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2008, 12:31 AM
Andy Hamilton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier White Mégane Renaultsport R26

Today I gave my 7 month old Glacier White Mégane Renaultsport 230 Renault F1 Team R26 (to give it it's full name!) a good clean.

As I don’t have a garage or driveway, I carry out all my cleaning/detailing at work, where I have a tap, power etc. and plenty of room.....

When I left for work this morning, the temperature gauge was reading -5 Luckily, by the time I had finished what I needed to do at work, it had warmed up to a near tropical 2 degrees by the time I came to start!

Please excuse the quality of the pics, taken on my compact camera with my limited photographic skills......

I didn’t take any befores because, quite frankly I never actually let it get very dirty. I also didn’t take too many during pics as it was a race against time, before everything started freezing up and before it got dark. It was also bloody freezing!

All products used came from either Polished Bliss - Car Care Products - Car Care Advice - Detailing Services - Scotland - UK or Clean Your Car - car care products UK

I started on the wheels, thought I’d try and give them a good going over today, inside and out. Wheels sprayed with Menzerna 7.5 Gel wheel and tyre cleaner and cleaned with various brushes. Also used an old microfibre wash mitt to get in and give the arches a bit of a clean as well. All wheels then given a good final rinse with the Karcher and dried with an old microfibre. I did give the wheels a coat of Poorboys wheel sealant after I had taken the afters but it was dark by then...

looking better...

Car was then foamed using a mix of snowfoam and Megs Hyper Wash and left to dwell....

Car was then rinsed off and washed with two bucket method using Poorboys Slick and Suds and Sonus wash mitts.

Final wash down with the Karcher and then dried with Miracle Dryer.

My car was clayed and machine polished back in September by Matt @ 2 clear buckets ('mneame' on here) and given the Werkstat Acrylic treatment. It was first treated to a coat of Werkstat Prime Acrylic, followed by a coat of Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger, I have since added a further three coats of Acrylic Jett Trigger and have been very pleased with the results. I had planned to give it another coat today but time and the cold weather were not on my side.... I did give it a final wipe down with Werkstat Acrylic Glos.

Engine wiped down and dressed with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Here are some finished pics...

Thanks for looking

Old 01 January 2009, 03:33 PM
johnson12
Scooby Regular

looks good even better with the weather we have had.
Old 03 January 2009, 04:57 PM
oobster
Scooby Regular

Very nice car, your keen cleaning your car when it's only 2 degrees though!
Old 05 January 2009, 04:02 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hard core detailing in the cold! Well done that man, cracking results and very nice photography too.
Old 06 January 2009, 02:44 PM
Andy Hamilton
Scooby Regular

Cheers Rich

I actually enjoy it, find it therapeutic even

It was nice to actually have the time to do it over Christmas.....
Old 09 January 2009, 10:40 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Might be worth e-mailing this thread link to our show n shine competition - you never know your luck. Plenty of past ScoobyNet winners!

Show n Shine - Win Free Detailing Products!
Old 09 January 2009, 11:58 AM
Andy Hamilton
Scooby Regular

Cheers Rich, will do
Old 12 January 2009, 12:30 PM
Andy Hamilton
Scooby Regular

Well, looks like I really have got the detailing bug big time! I have always been into it but I seem to be getting worse, I think the guys on Detailing World call it OCD!

You know you have a problem when you decide to go to work and wash the car on a Sunday evening in January! With the kids tucked up in bed, the Mrs settling down to watch Celebrity Big Brother and the temperature having gone up from -5 on Saturday to + 5, a quick evening wash seemed like a good idea

I wanted to crack on as you also have to keep an eye out for muggers at this time of night, especially on a quiet trading estate in this particular part of West London so not too many pics! lol

Having given my car a good going over during the Christmas break (above), I've only covered about 50 miles since but what with the weather and all the salt and crap on the roads it looked like it had just come off a rally stage in the welsh forests.

So out with the good old Screwfix builders lights....

Foamed with Megs Hyper wash

Wheels washed with usual brushes and mitt, only used plain water as they have just had a couple of coats of Poorboys wheel sealant and were still looking good.

Washed with two bucket method using Werkstat Auto Body Wash (really like this, had this bought for me as a gift last year, great shampoo)

Dried off with Miracle dryer and a mist of Werkstat Acrylic Glos

the Werkstat seems to holding up well, would definitely recommend it to anyone with a white, silver or grey car....

Job done

Not many afters as it was about 11pm and very dark

Not many afters as it was about 11pm and very dark

Old 12 January 2009, 01:49 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

It's a slippery slope...
Old 12 January 2009, 01:57 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks familier working on it in the dark Andy. looking cracking with the extra layers on there. acrylic really starting to shine through now.

Hope you are keeping well? Will have to have a catch up soon. I've not been detailing much over the last few months. Had a few things going on, hence not managing to sort out the bits and pieces we spoke about. But yesterday saw me starting to get back into. 10+hrs spent of an '04 BMW that hit back every step of the way and only acheived around 80 - 90% correction.
Old 12 January 2009, 03:02 PM
Andy Hamilton
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys

A slippery slope indeed

Matt, no worries, just let me know if I can help....

I saw that you sold the scoob, the BM looks like it could be an interesting project
Old 12 January 2009, 03:10 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy Hamilton
Cheers guys

A slippery slope indeed

Matt, no worries, just let me know if I can help....

I saw that you sold the scoob, the BM looks like it could be an interesting project

BM is a mamouth project. will be redying the seats soon it's that much of a project!

still should be fun lol. Hopefully get it all done before the summer and then enjoy it while it's up for sale lol.
Old 14 January 2009, 02:00 PM
crofty
Scooby Regular

Your madder than I am Andy ! looking good though

You have PM