Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Some advice required please.

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2008, 10:22 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice required please.

I use Poorboys Super Slick & Suds Concentrated Car Wash for my car but find that it leaves water marks and spots at times.

Is there anyhing that can be used that will not strip the wax or sealant and for easy use that will not harm the paint work?
I also sometimes use a Gilmour foam gun but don't feel the Poorboys Super Slick & Suds Concentrated Car Wash is best suited for it. I'm not sure if to buy the Megs Hyper Wash as I'd rather use something for hand wash use and to place in the Gilmour.

I am also after the best protection for plastic exterior for my Mum's car. I cleaned my Mum's car the other day and used some stuff the other day but with a sprinkle of rain it has come off the exterior plastic leaving it looking dull again and streaking down the paintwork. D'oh.

If anyone can give me some feed back that would be ace.

Steve
Old 21 December 2008, 09:07 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing to double check is the strength of your suds solution, as I've never had a spotting problem with Slick & Suds when diluted to roughly the correct ration of 128:1 (waterroduct). Are you making it up a bit too strong?

When it comes to settling on an excellent product for both Gilmour use and hand washing, how about this for a compromise...

Get the Hyper Wash, and foam with the Gilmour as normal, then rinse. Then foam the first panel to be hand washed (should be the roof), wipe down with your wash mitt, then rinse out the wash mitt in a rinse bucket, apply fresh foam to the next panel to be washed (usually the glass all round), then so on and so forth. This method sees the suds bucket replaced with the Gilmour, and I think it works very well, as the blanket of foam put onto each panel gives excellent lubrication ahead of wiping with the mitt.

With regard to the exterior trims, either Gloss It T.R.V or Meguiars All Season Dressing are ace for exterior use, and will stand up far better to the weather at this time of year.