Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Lamborghini Gallardo SE Detail

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2008, 11:04 PM
AutoFinesse
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamborghini Gallardo SE Detail

Ok some of you may remember the 4 day Perfection detail we did on this Gallardo back in may, well 6 months on and im back to carry out a Top up detail:

On arrival :

The first job was the wheels, i used AS smart wheels and a few brushes and cloths etc to get to every part of them including the calipers:

Wash stage was next on the list, rinsed down and then a citrus TFR applied to the lower section before the whole car was coated in snow foam and 902 mix.
Whist the snow foam did its thing i cleaned the Badge, panel gaps and grills with a detail brush and also the door shuts with the help of a little AS G101:

After a good rinse down i began to wash the body work using a Z-sponge and DG 902 wash, re rinsed and dried off with teh aid of some Megs LT (its in the final inspection bottle) :

The car was then put back in side the garage and the paint work inspected and i must say the owner has been doing a good job of washing it as the paint was still in very good condition, the roof however being black gel coat or alike was sadly not, this stuff is so easy to mark and it shows:

These were polished using lime prime on a finishing pad, there was some light wash marring on the doors and that was taken care of using menz IP on a polishing pad, then the whole car finished down with 3M UF:

Roof after:

Wing mirror after:

Door before:

After:

The wheels where sealed using Poor boys wheel sealant, then the base coat of Jeffs Prime was applied, followed by two coats of Jett via MF cloth, the engine bay and interior was detailed also:

Tail pipes detailed:

And all that work leaves a finish like this:

As always thanks for looking

James B
Old 14 October 2008, 11:36 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Top job there, and WHAT A CAR

Is that the one out of 'The Dark Knight' Batman film lol

Old 15 October 2008, 09:49 PM
jayb1970
Scooby Regular

Awesome work there mate. I really must crash in some o/t to get my car detailed
Old 15 October 2008, 10:16 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AutoFinesse
Ok some of you may remember the 4 day Perfection detail we did on this Gallardo back in may, well 6 months on and im back to carry out a Top up detail:

On arrival :

The first job was the wheels, i used AS smart wheels and a few brushes and cloths etc to get to every part of them including the calipers:

Wash stage was next on the list, rinsed down and then a citrus TFR applied to the lower section before the whole car was coated in snow foam and 902 mix.
Whist the snow foam did its thing i cleaned the Badge, panel gaps and grills with a detail brush and also the door shuts with the help of a little AS G101:

After a good rinse down i began to wash the body work using a Z-sponge and DG 902 wash, re rinsed and dried off with teh aid of some Megs LT (its in the final inspection bottle) :

The car was then put back in side the garage and the paint work inspected and i must say the owner has been doing a good job of washing it as the paint was still in very good condition, the roof however being black gel coat or alike was sadly not, this stuff is so easy to mark and it shows:

These were polished using lime prime on a finishing pad, there was some light wash marring on the doors and that was taken care of using menz IP on a polishing pad, then the whole car finished down with 3M UF:

Roof after:

Wing mirror after:

Door before:

After:

The wheels where sealed using Poor boys wheel sealant, then the base coat of Jeffs Prime was applied, followed by two coats of Jett via MF cloth, the engine bay and interior was detailed also:

Tail pipes detailed:

And all that work leaves a finish like this:

As always thanks for looking

James B

Very nice - what areas do you cover?
Old 15 October 2008, 10:23 PM
L88 SHY
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by pippyrips
Very nice - what areas do you cover?
my mate has a lambretta, would you clean that for him