Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Gallardo detailed with the help of Finesse

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2008, 04:10 PM
AutoFinesse
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gallardo detailed with the help of Finesse

Well iv spent alot of last week and the week before hidden away in a small garage in Central London, working on this little beauty along side the owner (James) He wanted to have his car perfect and likes detailing him self but needed some help and advise so called on my self to lend a hand with over 80hours of detailing the exterior of his car :buffer:

This will not be a normal write up, as i was not present at the wash stage or all of the correction work (just the tricky parts) as the car was detailed and finished in some crazy locations all over the place (final pics will show that) but heres what we have all in all i think (despite the paint being rock solid and a pain in the A$$ to correct) this was one of the most enjoyable details i have done to date

So after a strange phone message from a guy telling me he has never done correction on a full car before but is attacking his own car a lamborghini Gallardo :doubleshot: i call him back and go see what hes up to and find him here :

first thing that i thought was wow a private garage in London this would be a cool place for a detailing studio :tumbleweed: next was, thats a cool car and this guy is not playing about, i could tell that by the big box of parts he had removed to do the correction work.

So after helping James with a few pointers for his polishing technique i got to work on the Boot and grills, James carried on the rear Qt :

Products used for correction :

3M Fast cut plus
3m Ultrafina
3M polishing pads
3M finishing pads
3M compounding pads
Megs polishing pads
And a lot of Microfiber cloth

Once panels where finished we waxed to help later on the clean up.

On this occasion we concentrated on the back end of the car.

Before and after on the rear hip:

On the next visit james had spent a further 3 days on it and only got to here, he really was spending his time getting the paint work peeeeeeeeeerfect:

And creating a fair bit of dust at the same time

The roof finished:

I corrected right in to the door shuts:

Rear vent:

Driver side finished by James (excuse all the oils from the polish we where trying very hard not to mark the paint after so did not go wild with the wipe downs just enough to check it was right)

Passenger side finished by My self

That was the sunday done so monday and yep im back again :doubleshot: but today we where on a mission to get the paint finished at least, James finished off a few areas that we had left for a 3" pad, an i worked on the bonnet and front bumper and this is a job and a half :

The dog was less than impressed with not getting any attention :

And then a slight relocate due to power issues at the garage, we are at the local hand car wash :tumbleweed: James Knew the guys down there quite well (now i know where all those swirls came from ) but they were really nice people and agreed to let us use there place to wash the car down at about 8PM even left us the keys to lock up and drop back in the AM

So a good rinse and wash down and dry before a coat of Zymo! Vintage :

The earlier coats of wax where doing well :

So on with the final one, with Sian following removing and James doing the final buff :buffer::buffer::buffer:

The cars paint was left looking pretty good after all that graft, we managed to blag our selfs to use a flower shops forecourt for a few after shots, James still has much more detailing to do but here are the finished shot of the paint all be it missing a feww grills, trim, Number plates, exhaust tips and a fair bit of rubber on the way home :driver:

Enjoy:

And my favorite pic:

Thanks for looking, sorry its a bit of a muddle of a detail but i had alot of fun detailing this car, James (the owner) will be adding some pics later on once he has emerged from the bat cave After 10000s of hours polishing bits you wont even see unless he runs you over in his gleaming Lambo

James B