Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Werkstat Acrylic use help

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2008, 07:22 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Werkstat Acrylic use help

Hi, i recieved the Werkstat Acrylic set yesterday,(first class service from polished bliss ),and wanted to know how much of the trigger you guys use? I have done the whole car today,with one application,and have used half the bottle,think i may have gone a bit mad with it!. Further applications will need a lot less,but how many coats should i use,is it a case the more the better?

Thanks,Mit
Old 03 October 2008, 07:56 PM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Half the bottle - you got a bus !!?
Can spray Trigger onto the cloth and wipe once or spray (sparingly) direct on to the panel and wipe, I generally cover a panel at a time then buff off straight away.....
Seriously - half a bottle !?.....
The more coats the better, yes, of the Jett Trigger helps build up the durability. The Acrylic Glos can be used after each wash (must admit I don't really do this) to leave a nicer finish, and Acrylic Jett Trigger every 4-6 weeks (or less if you really wanted) to top up the protection layer.
Ah, just kidding about with the half bottle shock. You'll get used to the stuff I'm sure and likely use less as you go on. It's good stuff, I like it.

Last edited by C_WRX; 03 October 2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03 October 2008, 08:03 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Yeah,half! i did go a bit crazy! The car looks well smart now,and it's very easy to use. I'll use a little less next time!
Old 03 October 2008, 08:28 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry mate the same happened to me the first time I used it! Just in case you didn't realise the nozzle has a 'stream' and also a 'spray' setting. I used the stream setting unknowingly and used quite a lot, but when using the spray setting you can just mist it on and use less.
Old 03 October 2008, 09:23 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Lets see the reults then
Old 03 October 2008, 09:38 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

I've spent the day in the garage,and the light wasn't so good when i finished,so i'll roll it out for a couple of pics tomorrow! Fitted sti rear lights and also face lifted it today(not the bumper mind),and really pleased with the results!
Old 03 October 2008, 10:26 PM
maydew
Scooby Regular

been looking at this stuff,how do you guys rate it(on silver) against the black fire polish/protector, been using this stuff for bout 2 years now
Old 04 October 2008, 08:46 AM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find on my Crystal Grey it makes the paint appear wetter/darker and the metallic flake is clearly visible. I had been using Swissvax waxes which IMO are great for protection. The good think about the Werstatt Acrylic is that its reasonably priced and the application of the Jett is very easy and quick. As far as protection is concerned the time over the winter months will tell.
Old 04 October 2008, 01:15 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Hi, as promosed,some pics of the results.The weather's a bit rubbish,so the outside pics don't do it justice,but the one of the bonnet in the garage really does!! Really pleased!

As said,did the bonnet and grill badge too.

Mit
Old 05 October 2008, 10:42 AM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

Looking good,I use Jeffs on my WR1,top stuff,use the spray nossle,spray sparingly then use a microfibre pad with a little Jeffs sprayed on to spread the product,then polish off and enjoy the shine.
Old 05 October 2008, 12:04 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I use this stuff and it is a nice and easy product to use.

This is my method, Wash and dry car as per usual, then using a clean Megs microfibre applicator, I will spritz the pad with Glos then put Prime onto the same side and go round the car. Leave to dry/cure and then buff off using a shot Glos to help loosen the prime if need be. Then using a clean Microfibre cloth I will spray, not stream one side of the cloth with Jet trigger and wipe over a a panel at a time. Leave on for approx 5-10 seconds and then use another Microfibre cloth to buff of the residue.

Thats what PB pretty much say to do.

Now I am only using the Glos to moisten the M/F pad before putting Prime on to it or help loosen the Prime residue.

In between full washes, I will wash the car and apply Jet trigger which is fine. But could I use Glos instead??
Old 05 October 2008, 05:08 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
I use this stuff and it is a nice and easy product to use. But could I use Glos instead??

Use Glos after every wash and trigger every 6 weeks.
Old 06 October 2008, 09:38 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that. The Trigger should last a bit longer now.
Old 06 October 2008, 09:45 AM
C_WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mit
Hi, as promosed,some pics of the results.The weather's a bit rubbish,so the outside pics don't do it justice,but the one of the bonnet in the garage really does!! Really pleased!

As said,did the bonnet and grill badge too.

Mit

Looking good, the finishing speaks for itself, and it'll likely look even better in person.
I meant to say, as Colzo did, about the two nozzle settings (good catch).
Easy stuff to use, and top up is straight forward. I use on all cars except my own black one which I went for a different finish/look on with blackfire products.
Old 06 October 2008, 11:49 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Cracking finish for white, nice one! The usage thing seems to catch everyone out; less is more, and Clark and I can do about 16 full applications of Trigger from each bottle, so yep, you used way too much! Whether you spray onto a towel and wipe on/wipe off, or spray directly onto the panel and then buff off imediately, you shouldn't need to use anything more than a light mist. You can also layer it after 20 minutes if you fancy, so getting 4-5 layers on in a day is easily achievable, and will enhance the gloss and protection level.
Old 06 October 2008, 12:12 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies! I'll use it a bit more sparingly next time! The trigger should last me a while,even half a bottle,as i only do about 3000 miles a year,and the rest of the time it's in the garage.I can't see me using up the prime any time soon,have loads left,the gloss i imagine will get used a little more,but the jett and gloss are less than £15,so not going to break the bank! I did apply 3 coats of the trigger,so i didn't use it on one coat!