Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Polished Bliss Detailing vs WX51 TXR

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2006, 10:20 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Polished Bliss Detailing vs WX51 TXR

I’ve been meaning to post some up to date pictures of WX51 TXR for ages, but as usual there hasn’t been enough hours in each day. Until now that is! WX51 TXR has been treated to a fair amount of tender loving care over the past three months or so, due to being used as a demonstrator at a number of shows. We started in out August by spending a day on paint correction. Yup, that’s right, correction. Like all cars, WX51 TXR had picked up a fair amount of fine swirls over the previous twelve months, and being silver I saw no need to sort them out sooner. However, I knew that every inch of the bodywork would be inspected at the shows, so Clark popped round one day, and between us we corrected the paint to around 95% using the Blackfire SRC twins (Compound and Finishing Polish), using both the rotary and the PC. It was a roasting hot day and we were working in full sun, but still the Blackfire SRC twins performed faultlessly, proving easy to work with and enabling almost full correction after a single attempt with each. We finally followed up with a basecoat of Werkstatt Prime Acrylic just before the rain came on, and this has since been built on with over eight coats of Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger, a couple of coats of the original version of Werkstatt Acrylic Jett, and a couple of coats of Optimum Car Wax on dull days at shows where maximum wetness was required. WX51 TXR has always looked pretty good, but lately I have been truly satisfied with the finish; very wet and glossy, with great flake pop and good reflectivity.

Here’s some detail shots showing preparation for the shows: all the door shuts and sills were thoroughly cleaned out and sealed with Werkstatt Prime Acrylic; the wheels were cleaned and sealed with Werkstatt Prime Strong, followed by three coats of Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant, while the tyres have been topped up every few weeks with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel; the interior got the normal routine, finishing with Poorboy’s Natural Look Dressing (I simply love the smell); the engine bay got a P21S Total Auto Wash treatment, followed by 303 Aerospace Protectant (rubbers, plastics) and Werkstatt Prime Acrylic (paint).

And here’s the latest pictures, taken this afternoon – she was washed yesterday and yet another coat of Werkstatt Acrylic Jett added, but the light was poor by the time I finished, so I waited until to today to take the pictures. Therefore, please forgive the odd black dot on the bodywork here and there – they are flies and baby spiders!

Finally, what level of protection does all this layering give? Who knows, but what I can say is that I find it hard to wet the car ahead of a wash due to insane sheeting, and the beads are sitting very high, which is a bit unusual for essentially a pure sealant finish.

Old 01 October 2006, 03:04 PM
Creepy
Scooby Regular

Hi Rich,

Having my own detailing-business here in Belgium, aside from my main job I must say, RESPECT...
Those door jambs are absolutely flawless !

I collected my Blackfire range (the 4 botlles) last week from Himpe, of Wax-it.

Amazing stuff, did already a black WRX ad a dark blue Rover and the two owners of the cars almost started crying when they saw the finish !
Old 01 October 2006, 06:55 PM
type r pete
Scooby Regular

the leon looks fantastic rich
Old 01 October 2006, 09:30 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Perfect as usual
Old 01 October 2006, 11:31 PM
OzzyWRX
Scooby Regular

You could eat your dinner off those door jams....not that you'd want to as it'd be real messy. Great work.
Old 02 October 2006, 11:57 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Amazing job ! One question have these tyres ever been on the road ?
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...l/dscf3938.jpg

Or have the tyres been washed as well !

Richard
Old 02 October 2006, 12:51 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

They've done about 2k so far. They get washed every week along with the rest of the car, and retreated with Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel every 3-4 weeks. This keeps them looking good. Here's how the last set looked after 20k, with only 2mm of tread left...

Old 04 October 2006, 10:19 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Argh! All the pampering was rewarded tonight by my gearbox deciding to eat itself. Bugger. Expensive trip to Star Performance now required.
Old 06 October 2006, 06:48 AM
Creepy
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a pain...
Impreza drivers know all about gearbox problems....

At least you have a chance to polishup the gearbox casing and underside when it's on a ramp... LOL
Old 06 October 2006, 02:54 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Old 24 August 2007, 01:42 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Damn I thought I had good beeding, but that is outstanding...!
Old 25 August 2007, 02:31 AM
muddy
Scooby Regular

Great results, top work as usual