Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

My new (to me) daily runner

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2008, 07:33 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new (to me) daily runner

Yesterday I went and collected the TS from Berkshire. The previous owner was really nice and where sad to see the car go.
The car was clean in the same sense as I am after a 11 mile mountain bike ride. So today I spent the best part of 6 hours detailing her.

First, I started with cleaning the door shuts, boot shuts, fuel door and the engine bay. I used PS21 Total Auto Wash mixed to 4:1 (water:PS21) and put into a megs super degreaser bottle with foaming spray head. I also use a clean soft brush and a clean M/F wash mitt and a fresh bucket of water with Poorboys super slick and suds. Dried with Megs water Magnet.
This is the boot shuts

Engine bay

Tools

Once I was happy with that, I then set about hovering and cleaning out the interior. I was shocked when I lifted up the boot matt and tool storage try to find in and around the spare wheel lots of mud and dirt. Horrible. No pic of this. I took the spare wheel and jack out and gave and gave the wheel well a through clean as well as cleaning the unused jack and spare wheel from dust.

After than I set about on the engine. I used cling film to cover the alternator and other electrical connections. I then sprayed the PS21 on the engine bay and gave it a good scrub. Then pressure wash it off. Then I dried the engine bay and removed the cling film. I then dressed the plastics, rubbers with 303 Aerospace Protectant and this is the result after my work.

After a cuppa, I got the PW and cleaned the arches using the Total Auto Wash and a megs wash mitt as they where black with road grime and mud. I then got my Wheel Back Brush and Menzerna Gel 7.5 Wheel & Tyre Cleaner and cleaned the wheels and tyres.

I got out the Autobrite Foam lance and filled it with the free bottle of Snow foam that came with it as I had not tried it, and wanted to see what it was like. I also added in a squirt of PoorBoys Super Slick and Suds. Before I Snowed the car I blasted the car with water from the PW. The Snow was rather good, but I think I will stick with Megs hyper wash.

I let this dwell for a good 4-6 minutes, OK 5 mins and pressure washed the remains off. I then Washed the car using the two bucket method using a fresh Megs Lambswool wash mitt and PoorBoys Super Slick and Suds for shampoo. Dried the car with a Poorboys drying towel. I then got out the Megs quick clay kit and set about claying the car. There was lots of fallout and tar spots all over the car, but mainly on the doors and boot lid. I then hosed the car off, washed and then hosed the soap off then dried with a fresh Poorboys drying towel.

Now time for me to protect the paint and it was the connoisseurs choice and thanks to Polished Bliss for the Jeffs Werkstatt Acrylic kit. I started by applying the Prime with a clean Megs M/F applicator with a spritz of Glos. Then I left this for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile I polished the exhaust tip with some fine wire wool and autosoul, then followed by Megs NXT metal polish and a clean Megs foam applicator pad.

I then buffed off the Prime using a Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towel cloth a shot of Glos to help loosen the stubborn bits as and when necessary. Then I got out the Jet Trigger and two new fresh plush PF cloths to apply and wipe off this product.

I then used Jeffs Prime Strong and a megs applicator to polish the wheels before I applied Poorboys wheel sealant. I Also used the Prime strong and polished the shuts. It was the first time using this product and I am really impressed with it.

I then dressed the windows inside and out with Autoglym Glass polish using a fresh Megs applicator pad. I then dressed the hard plastics with Poorboys natural look dressing using a clean megs M/F applicator pad. Sprayed some 'new car smell' onto the carpets.

Then I stood back and admired at my work and had a cuppa.

Job done.

Darren
Old 21 August 2008, 07:50 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Fantastic results. Engine bay looks like its from a different car!
Old 21 August 2008, 08:08 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I know. Its amazing what a bit of time and the right products can achieve. Actually, just as I was about to start on the engine I remember SwissTonys detailing guide he made, but don't tell anyone
Old 22 August 2008, 01:44 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Superb! Cracking work as always, I always enjoy your write up's.
Old 22 August 2008, 07:31 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Thank you PB.

Many thanks for dispatching the two orders this week and I also would like to say, your service is second to none. I have not ordered products from a company with such fast service. I think that they could take a leave out of your book.

Keep up the great work

Darren
Old 29 August 2008, 12:29 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated.