Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

tyre foam

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2008, 10:10 AM
reano
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tyre foam

Tried the amourall or amourguard (whatever it's called) tyre foam. In gel form this is one of my best tyre gel I rate it even better than the Blackfire tyre gel for longevity.

Anyway on the tin it says spray on and walk away so I did four tyres in the time it would take me to do one. Basically spray the foam round the tyre in a quick circular motion and then then leave and on to the next.

Come back in 15 mins or so and hey presto. Tyre clean and gelled. Not sure how economical it is as one can, can do 35 tyres but as far as the quality. It works very well, will save you time and the results are good and so far seem to last.
Old 19 August 2008, 11:35 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only problem i find with just spraying on is you end up with too much applied. then if you drive the car within a couple of days (it's a given it will happen) you end up with tyre gel all over the side of your car.

what's this like for that?
Old 19 August 2008, 11:58 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Ive used that foam - yes its good stuff but IMO it doesnt last as long as blackfire but £££`s to aplication it wins by a mile as its only like £4 a can

the foam sort of evaporates so you dont get any splash which is nice
Old 19 August 2008, 02:40 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mneame
only problem i find with just spraying on is you end up with too much applied. then if you drive the car within a couple of days (it's a given it will happen) you end up with tyre gel all over the side of your car.

what's this like for that?
As said already you get a nice even shine and ive used pretty much all the gels (megs, armour, blackfire, etc). It doesn't splash. I t won't last as long as the gel ones I don't think but for ease its good and it cleans the tyre too!!

Basically you spray on and the effect is similar to say spraying shaving foam over the wheel. You leave it walk away and thats it. I'm all for reducing my car wash time and anything that helps will do!! I reckon you can use it once every two weeks. Also if the can is right you should be able to apply it 8 / 9 times so thats a good 4 months worth.
Old 19 August 2008, 05:23 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
....it doesnt last as long as blackfire
I like the blackfire, it gives a nice satin finiah but i really dont rate it for lastability....ive found that if you take the car out in the rain at all its gone before you are back home, anyone else think this too??
Old 19 August 2008, 05:36 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reano
Tried the amourall or amourguard (whatever it's called) tyre foam. In gel form this is one of my best tyre gel I rate it even better than the Blackfire tyre gel for longevity.

Anyway on the tin it says spray on and walk away so I did four tyres in the time it would take me to do one. Basically spray the foam round the tyre in a quick circular motion and then then leave and on to the next.

Come back in 15 mins or so and hey presto. Tyre clean and gelled. Not sure how economical it is as one can, can do 35 tyres but as far as the quality. It works very well, will save you time and the results are good and so far seem to last.
I use the foam as well - for the tyres by spraying some on a small sponge and applying that way. The spray is excellent for cleaning / dressing arch liners, etc

Stains the hell out of the driveway though.

Autoglym "green" rubber and plastic gel works great on the tyres too.
Old 22 August 2008, 01:37 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RB5 Boyo
I like the blackfire, it gives a nice satin finiah but i really dont rate it for lastability....ive found that if you take the car out in the rain at all its gone before you are back home, anyone else think this too??
Is it fully dry before you take it out? And did you clean the tyres properly before the first application? These factors may explain the odd result; I find on my own cars that I get around 2-3 weeks of durability even in the wet? The formula has also just been improved, by the addition of a new polymer (polycharger) that encourages stronger bonding. Hopefully this will add a week or two onto the usual durability. To try it again, why not cleanse the tyres properly using an all purpose cleaner or citrus degreaser, then apply a fresh coat of the gel and leave to fully dry. Then test durability and let us know if any improvement!