Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

polishing & sealing help

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2008, 11:26 AM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polishing & sealing help

years ago i used to use autogylm super resin polish on my cars work it in then buff it off till my arm about fell off, now ive got some new products now jeffs work statt being one of them & how do you finish them off as alot of them just say work in & just wipe off does this mean no more buffing?
Old 06 July 2008, 07:28 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

AG SRP contains a lot of fillers. Sounds to me like you may have been applying a little too much. Try using less of the Jeffs and save some energy......
Old 06 July 2008, 10:56 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Werkstaat is great stuff and takes a lot less hassle than SRP does. If you want to get a good finish clay your car and then use Werkstaat Prime Strong to prepare the surface. Follow this up with some Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger - Werkstat Car Care and Detailing Products . It wipes on, wipes off with ease and gives incredible beading once done.

And your arms wont feel like jelly after using it
Old 07 July 2008, 01:43 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Compared to many traditional products, the Werkstat systems are easy. Here is our recommended way to use the acrylic products...

After washing and claying (and corrective polishing if required), start out by applying a basecoat of Werkstat Prime Acrylic using the white Meguiars Microfibre Applicator Pad. Once fully dry, buff off this residue carefully with the Poorboys Super Thick & Plush Towel, using a spritz of Werkstat Acrylic Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. To complete the process, apply a coat of Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger by spraying directly onto each panel and buffing off immediately with the Poorboys Deluxe Mega Towels, again using a spritz of Werkstat Acrylic Glos to help loosen the residue if needs be. To maintain the finish, simply quick detail with Werkstat Acrylic Glos after each wash, and add a fresh coat of Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger every 6-8 weeks until the time comes to start over by claying again.

...and yep, when you follow this method, it is easy!