Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Autosmart Tardis advice

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2008, 12:24 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autosmart Tardis advice

Hi all bought some of this of PB ( ) and was looking for some does and don’ts for using this product and getting good results from people that have used it. Sounds like a great product apart from the scary health warnings especially on my families cars as they don’t seem to see the benefits of clay baring as they think I am just over the top. So this should give me a quick way of prepping there cars for polishing and waxing with out spending hours with a clay bar on there cars…

Do you sue it undiluted and just spray onto the body work and then aggravate with a mitt in the same way as you would with shampoo?. Is its also safe on plastics , glass and metal ???? How long would you guys recommend its left on before rinsing etc etc

Old 16 February 2008, 08:00 PM
mickaldo
Scooby Regular

i just spray it on and leave it for a few mins then wipe it of with a cotton cloth, had no problems using it on plastic as i used it on the plastic trim on my van.
Old 16 February 2008, 11:03 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

ok thanks keep the info and tips going
Old 18 February 2008, 11:42 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Our preferred method is to foam, wash and rinse the car as usual, then spray the Tardis on liberally on the areas to be treated (I usually work small areas at a time, i.e. panel by panel). After 60 secs we wipe down the work area with a soft work towel (wearing rubber gloves), and then rinse with plenty of running water. Job done! Just avoid skin contact wherever possible, and do not spray in windy conditions. Also, avoid use on uncured paint, as it will strip it! Other than that, all other surfaces are safe (glass, rubber, plastic, etc, as long as you minimise contact time.