Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

July Show n Shine Winners

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2006, 01:32 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up July Show n Shine Winners

Congratulations to Abi Rogerson of Kirkintilloch for winning our July show n shine. Abi is the first to admit that her Ibiza Cupra hasn’t received much tender loving care in recent years, but even she was recently horrified by the condition of her paint when she inspected it carefully after a quick weekend wash. She promptly decided enough was enough, and set to work on with Meguiars Detailing Clay to remove over three and a half years worth of bonded tar spots and baked on insect remains. Having never used a clay bar before, she was really nervous, and therefore did the roof first, figuring that it would be an easy panel to do and that if she made any mistakes they would be less noticeable! However, she needn’t have worried, as she found the clay bar really easy to use. Admittedly, some panels on the car took a lot of going over, especially the textured bumper at the back and the side skirts, but she eventually got there, and the paint was finally clean. One week later, Abi washed the car again using Poorboy’s Slick n Suds and a wash mitt in conjunction with the two bucket method, and then applied a basecoat of JEFFS Werkstatt Prime by hand. Abi found the Prime went on quickly and easily, and by this stage the paint was looking better than ever. To finish off, Abi applied a protective coat of JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger, using a Deluxe Mega Towel. After the first panel, Abi noticed that the finish looked deeper, wetter, and glossier than ever, and quickly worked her way around the whole car. Abi reports, “I'm now chuffed to the back teeth with my car and how it looks. It genuinely hasn't looked so good since I've owned it, and I've owned it since it was brand new. My finger tips just glide over the paintwork, it is silky smooth. I still have some swirl marks on close inspection, but compared to how it used to be it looks really good”. We couldn’t agree more, as the results below clearly show!

Congratulations also to Stu Chri, Dave Homer and Simon Bass for their cracking entries. It was hard picking the winner this month, and everyone who entered should be proud of their work. We were really bowled over by Stu’s efforts on his tractor (surely the best detailed tractor ever?), and both Dave and Simon achieved tremendous finishes on their motors; an Elise and an Impreza respectively. Here’s some of the submitted results…

Once again, thanks to everyone who entered – there was a lot of excellent work to look through, and don’t be disappointed if you didn’t win, the competition was fierce this month!

Old 07 August 2006, 11:15 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Rich & Angela

It was a lot of work by hand but the results were well worth it. The clay bar made a massive difference, more than I had ever expected and quite easy do do which was a suprise as well. You really need to get in the shade as the Blackfire does not like hot body work, all in all I'm really pleased and now I have a fresh base to build on... another clay bar session will be on the cards shortly to concentrate more on certain areas as well.
I'm still thinking on a machine polish though as the car does have some light marks and swirls from it's previous owners cleaning habits, or lack of them

Some good results all around by the look of things and a tracter on Scoobynet as well

Cheers
Simon