Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Black MY97 whats best to use?

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2006, 08:35 AM
*LJB*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black MY97 whats best to use?

I have a black classic MY97 that I have been using Meguiars nxt generation tech shampoo and wax, I have been happy with the results so far but am now running low and need to get some more but wondered if maybe something else that would be better.

I would like it to look very shiny almost wet if that would be possible with a car of that age.

The finish on my car is still very good but there are a few swirls and light scratches that I would like to remove but I haven't got a hand held polisher, would it be good to get one and if so what pads and polish etc would I need?
I can't imagine me using one without causing damage to the car tho.

I would be very grateful if you could advise me as I am running low and don't want to go to Halfrauds and get something if you can advise and supply something more suitable to my car.
Old 11 April 2006, 10:42 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Car looks great, but if you fancy a change, Poorboy's Slick n Suds shampoo and Poorboy's Natty's Blue paste wax will give even better results - wetter and glossier. Investing in a machine polisher is a good idea if you are serious about youir car care, but it's not cheap. The unit to go for is the Porter Cable 7424, which is a US only model that can easily be imported, along with pads etc, although these can also be purchased in the UK. I suggest having a read of the guide to polishing on my site for more info on the subject...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...es_polish.html

Old 12 April 2006, 08:48 AM
*LJB*
Scooby Regular

Thank you Polished Bliss for your reply, I was wondering as my car has a red flake in the paint if I should use a sealant before the wax to make it show up more or is that not really necessary?
Thanks again I will place an order as soon as you have the Lambs wool mitt in stock.
Old 12 April 2006, 10:18 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Yes! If it has a flake in it use Poorboy's EX-P before the Natty's Blue. This will enhance the way the flake pops in the sun, whilst still allowing the Natty's Blue to give a lovely wet look. Wash mitts due back in early next week.
Old 13 April 2006, 07:29 AM
*LJB*
Scooby Regular

Thanks again, I will definately be ordering next week and do a big clean as soon as the weather allows I will post some pics of the result.
Old 13 April 2006, 04:34 PM
*LJB*
Scooby Regular

Would you still recommend EX P and Nattys Blue or do you think the Blackfire would be better.
Old 13 April 2006, 06:08 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Haven't tried Blackfire on metallic black yet, but going by the other results I can't see it being anything else than superb. However, it will be a bit more expensive than the Poorboy's combination (for the glaze and the sealant). I know for a fact the Poorboy's combination will look great on your car, but if you want to experiment, the Blackfire range is well worth trying.
Old 13 April 2006, 07:45 PM
*LJB*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
Haven't tried Blackfire on metallic black yet, but going by the other results I can't see it being anything else than superb. However, it will be a bit more expensive than the Poorboy's combination (for the glaze and the sealant). I know for a fact the Poorboy's combination will look great on your car, but if you want to experiment, the Blackfire range is well worth trying.

I will have a think about it and decide by the time you have the lambswool mits in, would probably go for the Poorboys at the mo but will no doubt change my mind a few times before then

Thanks again for the reply