Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Waffle Weave Towel

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2006, 04:48 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Waffle Weave Towel

is it any good for waxing/polishing???

I tried it as I would a wash leather and it leaves streaks etc on the windows and bodywork and my old chamois didnt, am I doing something wrong here Rich???
Old 06 March 2006, 06:42 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Somethings up... as I've sold untold of these and had lots of feedback saying how much better they perform that other cloths customers were previously using. I have four in my detailing kit, and I've never experienced streaking (in fact, they've always done exactly what they are supposed to so - dry off completely and easily), so my questions are, what was the full process, and what last step products are currently on the car? All I can think is that either the wash suds weren't fully washed off, or else the last step products you currently have on the car are for some reason not happy being wiped with a towel of this kind. Bit mystified to be honest - not had anyone report any problems with this towel before! Another thing springs to mind - how much water was left on the car after you rinsed? Did it all sheet off when you rinsed off, or did it sit on the surface in lots of little beads?
Old 06 March 2006, 07:12 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

I've had a similar experience.

For the last 2 years or so I've been using Meguairs Polish & Wax and use the Soft Wash Gel when washing, I normally dry the car with a blade to get most of the water off then go over with the Meguiars towel to dry the more awkward bits. Usually the finish on the bodywork is pretty good but I can see streaks on the glass when the sun is shining through it.
Old 06 March 2006, 07:21 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Did it all sheet off when you rinsed off, or did it sit on the surface in lots of little beads?
just washed and properly hosed/ rinsed the car as per normal Rich.The towel seemed to move the still water around not soak it up as I expected perhaps it is because it is new, might improve second time out after it has been dried off.
Old 06 March 2006, 09:51 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hmm, just wondering if this batch were not rinsed properly at the end of the production run. Try washing it in the machine at 40oC using a gentle liquid detergent with no softeners or bleach (Fairy Non Bio is ideal) and allow to dry naturally. Then try using it again. My towels soak up the rinse water very readily, so it sounds like a chemical residue may be present if the towel is just moving it around. If this doesn't work send it back to me and I'll send you another one from the new batch we'll be getting in next week. I'll then try it out the problem towel and see if I get the same effect. All very odd.
Old 06 March 2006, 10:41 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

ok Rich I expect it is something simple like washing it,cheers will let you know
Old 06 March 2006, 11:03 PM
Muppet_No1
Scooby Newbie

usually when a towel does that it's because fabric conditioner has been applied to it when it was washed...
Old 07 March 2006, 07:54 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

I wasn't impressed at first, but did get better with use/age, I also find that the sun will dry the car quicker than I can and then I get a few streaks, but with a bit of detailer it comes straight off.

I always get good results with the Autoglym synthetic chamois, I mostly use this and a blade to clear the majority of the water and the Megs towel to finish off.
Old 07 March 2006, 08:25 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

always get good results with the Autoglym synthetic chamois,
I had one these a very old one but it was great until I left it on the inside of my wheel and drove off, it got totally mangled and the local Haulfrauds dont do the one I had