Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Stu..sort this out

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2009, 05:46 PM
irishscoobysti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stu..sort this out

Stu.

I was trying to print 'Budget' DIY Engine Rebuild by Silent Running and KIPS FMIC threads!! 2 Excellent threads!!

Wasting my 7uckin time..

Firstly its 30 pages long and yes the User cp is set to 30 before u ask..
one page of this thread is 15 pages to print and then you realise the 7uckin typed print comes out so small even if u have 20/20 vision u still need Binoculars to read it? WTF..

Surely after all the money spent updating this site u could have a Print Friendly button... like on other sites so that it prints the thread and pics but not the banners etc, etc.. And it’s possible to print the whole thread.. Not like it is currently, giving urself a pain in the face fighting with the sh@ggin thing printing One painful page at a time, then only to find out it’ll give u another pain in Ur @ss trying to read it..

Come on this should be simple for u guys to sort out!!!

some excellent threads on this site & no way of printing the thread, then sitting back wit a cold beer, reading through some1 else’s experiences of blood sweat and toil, and thinking ' b****cks this is gona cost me money'

sorry for ranting on here but ...ANNOYED

Old 05 March 2009, 06:01 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

'Print friendly' feature please +1
Old 05 March 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

Had you ever reported that we DIDNT HAVE ONE in a friendlier manner, then i may have looked into it already.
Old 05 March 2009, 06:07 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

why not copy and paste what you need into Word and then adjust as you see fit. Not ideal, but better than what you are trying to do at the minute though.

Another vote for Print friendly.
Old 05 March 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

To be fair, whilst I would genuinely like to leave you to sweat purely for the polite manner in which you requested my assistance, it would be unprofessional of me to do so, therfore I would advise you to select the "Show printer friendly version" feature that can be found in the Thread Tools menu of any topic.

Hope this helps.
Old 05 March 2009, 06:18 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Could you try the following and tell me what you get:

1) Select the thread you wish to print.

2) At the top of the thread, before the first message, you'll see an orange bar, it will have various options on it, one of which will be "Thread Tools" click on this and select "Show Printable Version" and then try printing the page that appears there.

I've tried the above on the first page of one of the threads you mention and the text size isn't small.
Old 05 March 2009, 07:12 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands
To be fair, whilst I would genuinely like to leave you to sweat purely for the polite manner in which you requested my assistance, it would be unprofessional of me to do so, therfore I would advise you to select the "Show printer friendly version" feature that can be found in the Thread Tools menu of any topic.

Hope this helps.
0wn3d
Old 05 March 2009, 07:51 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Well, I'll be damned. Another feature I never knew existed.

Never realised the Live-feed existed until I became a mod

To be fair, irishscoobysti did ask me quite nicely if a print page option existed, and I told him it didn't...I feel like such a n00b

Last edited by ALi-B; 05 March 2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06 March 2009, 12:28 PM
irishscoobysti
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Dedrater
why not copy and paste what you need into Word and then adjust as you see fit. Not ideal, but better than what you are trying to do at the minute though.
Originally Posted by Dedrater

Another vote for Print friendly.

As you stated 'Not Ideal' method at all

Hope this helps.

well Stu,

its as ALi-B stated,
ALi-BWell, I'll be damned. Another feature I never knew existed.

Never realised the Live-feed existed until I became a mod

To be fair, irishscoobysti did ask me quite nicely if a print page option existed, and I told him it didn't...I feel like such a n00b

and yes i have now tried this print friendly version but it doesnt print the pictures! so its back to swings and roundabout stuff..

one way u get the pictures but lose the text size the other you get the text but lose the pictures..
why not get the lot, thats the whole point isnt it???Print what you see!!! and furthermore it still doesnt allow you to Print the entire thread in one go!!

plus on re-reading these threads there is a lot of useless text in these threads that could be cut to make the thread shorter and more concise..e.g "hope everything goes well mate" or "good luck" etc.. good for morale and support when doing the project but as a sticky or guide for others now, but no need for its continued inclusion!!

Appologies if you took offence, wasnt anything personal..just annoyed at something simple that should be as simple to a) find b) fix, not being just that, Simple!

Q.) 1.) can it be moved from thread tools and put on the viewing page as a button on its own in plain view and
2.) can it be modified to do as i have stated above but just to clarify;

i.)Print what you see(including pics).
ii.)Print the entire thread in one go.
iii.)Condence the Threads to revelant info(see above)

just my opinion..i'll leave it up to u

regards

Wayno

Last edited by irishscoobysti; 06 March 2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06 March 2009, 01:07 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The other thing is: I've just printed the damn thing myself after previewing it and it came out fine. (the build thread)

Have you checked your printer settings? Or updated your printer driver? As I say it works fine for me, so I can't see there being a fault with the 'non-printer' friendly' version
Old 06 March 2009, 03:41 PM
irishscoobysti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
The other thing is: I've just printed the damn thing myself after previewing it and it came out fine. (the build thread)

Have you checked your printer settings? Or updated your printer driver? As I say it works fine for me, so I can't see there being a fault with the 'non-printer' friendly' version
so it printed all 450 pages for u did it? glad it worked out for ya

but theres nothing wrong with my printer settings because it prints the correct size in 'printer friendly' section but alas not the pics....the text comes out even smaller that this which is ok on a few pages but not that many..
Old 06 March 2009, 04:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by irishscoobysti
[B]iii.)Condence the Threads to revelant info(see above)
By this I assume you're making reference to the removal of useless replies? In which case, I don't think you'll ever see that feature. Why not? It's just way to complex to do. You'd need to be able to enter, somewhere, terms to ignore, and then the forum would need to process this and remove the posts. You'd then need to check it's done the right thing and not missed something.
Apart from the time it would take you do this, it would also slow the forum down, as it would be doing quite a lot of work to get rid of the unwanted text.

As said by others, a better approach may be to copy and paste the information into Word, at which point you can then remove any unwanted information
Old 06 March 2009, 04:14 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

so it printed all 450 pages for u did it? glad it worked out for ya

but theres nothing wrong with my printer settings because it prints the correct size in 'printer friendly' section but alas not the pics....the text comes out even smaller that this which is ok on a few pages but not that many..

18 pages. I even exported it to an .xps document if you want a copy?
Old 06 March 2009, 04:25 PM
irishscoobysti
Scooby Regular

Question

cant be!! thats the First page of the thread when printed mate..theres over 30 pages in the thread

but if uve managed to get the 30 page thread of text and pics down to 18 pages feel free to pm and i'll give u my email to sent to

Wayno
Old 09 March 2009, 01:25 PM
irishscoobysti
Scooby Regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

still no pm with this document
Old 09 March 2009, 01:32 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Whup. Forgot sorry but I have checked: The 18 pages WAS only the first page of the thread. It did however show the text full size.
Old 10 March 2009, 03:45 PM
irishscoobysti
Scooby Regular

Angry

Whup. Forgot sorry but I have checked: The 18 pages WAS only the first page of the thread. It did however show the text full size.
look Kieran, this still doesnt solve the initial problem i asked to be solved..

which is, there isnt a Print Friendly Version that allows you the ability to Print what you see with normal size Text and the Pics and more importantly the ability to Print the Entire Thread at the Click of a Button..

no messing about copying and pasting it word which is a complete bloody nightmare..

simple stuff ..Click on a Print Priendly Version button then click on either a) a print this page button or b) print entire thread button, and the text size is normal and pics come out the way they shoul.. job done, everyones happy

now is it that you cant fix this or you wont fix this

Regards,

Wayno
Old 10 March 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

now is it that you cant fix this or you wont fix this
What an attitude...

The problem is there is nothing to fix, therefore we wont fix it.