Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

how about a FAQ sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2004, 07:38 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how about a FAQ sticky?

there seems to be the same questions being banged about at the mo (what oil to use,what boost should i get, best tyres etc) yes it's probably due to the search not working yet but i'm not on about that.

i've asked all of the above myself at some time or another and have been fortunate enough to get a good amount of replies. trouble is, as these questions are being repeated they're being replied to less frequently and the people posting (newbies, or people not knowing their way round the site) are missing out.

a while back someone compiled a FAQ and this was bloody brilliant, but after time it slid down the pages never to be seen again.

i've no idea of the work required to 'do' a sticky, but is this possible? if it was compiled by the regarded voices of this site (greasemonkey etc) it wouldn't be questioned (not that often anyway ) and although a bit of time would be required by these guys i would guess it would save them time in the long run of kindly replying to the 100th thread of something they've already replied to before.

i love scoobynet for the ease in which i can jump on with a problem (mostly trivial, but important to me) and have it replied to in no time at all and i'm not trying to change that, but maybe just by having answers to the common questions to hand will free up a bit of space on the forums and give the techies a bit of a break!

cheers if webmaster or any mods read this and any response would be appreciated (if only to satisfy my curiosity )

ta.