Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Swindon Meets

Old 25 March 2015, 08:18 AM
  #31  
domino46
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: www.bbscoobys.com
Posts: 2,534
Default

Originally Posted by Civic Duty View Post
Where is the meet on the 14th going to be?
The next one is being held at emersons green beefeater in bristol 1pm ,, join up and get your name down as there is prob a convoy from your area coming as we have members from all over the UK now ,, either way please come and make yourself known as we are a very friendly bunch who love to meet new members
domino46 is offline  
Old 25 March 2015, 10:38 AM
  #32  
[email protected] four
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 92
Default

Isn't the next meet on the 19th?
fl@ four is offline  
Old 25 March 2015, 07:32 PM
  #33  
domino46
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: www.bbscoobys.com
Posts: 2,534
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] four View Post
Isn't the next meet on the 19th?

Yes correct ,, sorry my bad it being held on the 19th ,, not sure where I got the 14th from lol
domino46 is offline  
Old 26 March 2015, 09:43 PM
  #34  
[email protected] four
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by domino46 View Post
Yes correct ,, sorry my bad it being held on the 19th ,, not sure where I got the 14th from lol
Cool. I might join you guys, will confirm nearer the time
fl@ four is offline  
Old 28 March 2015, 10:59 AM
  #35  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by Filski View Post
Where about in swindon did you used to hold the meets?

Alternativelly we could all meet in swindon for next BBS meet and travel down there alltogether, i will get onto BBS forum and have a look if they are meetin then


Used to be the last Friday evening of the month at the Sun Inn
Edmondo is offline  
Old 28 March 2015, 11:02 AM
  #36  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by Filski View Post
If there enough of us in swindon then we cloulld always have a little meet somewhere in the pub round swindon? Or even go and join bbs but go down to their meets as a group ?


Let us know if you do
Edmondo is offline  
Old 28 March 2015, 11:06 AM
  #37  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by mickeymouse View Post
Looks a good turn out

What sort of power was people making??

What did you get yourself?

Really wish I had gone

Me and my lad went - it was a good day


My version 5 STI made 286 / 243
My lad's version 3 STI made 302 / 253


See loads of scoobies around Swindon but very few wave


Have to laugh a couple of times we have seen scoobies come down our road - stop outside our house cos there is 2 classics on the drive and then drive off again lol
Edmondo is offline  
Old 28 March 2015, 01:16 PM
  #38  
Impreza2417
Scooby Regular
 
Impreza2417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Swindon
Posts: 51
Default

I wont be at the meet on the 19th as have commitments but would be great to see some more Swindon members. Ive been a BBSCOOBYS member for 3 years now and would be great to convoy to the meets and events at Coombe, come and see us at the club stand at Performance car action day if you can?

Im known as Jimbo in the club and have a blue blob ending OMX.
Impreza2417 is offline  
Old 28 March 2015, 03:44 PM
  #39  
mickeymouse
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 450
Default

Originally Posted by Edmondo View Post
Me and my lad went - it was a good day


My version 5 STI made 286 / 243
My lad's version 3 STI made 302 / 253


See loads of scoobies around Swindon but very few wave


Have to laugh a couple of times we have seen scoobies come down our road - stop outside our house cos there is 2 classics on the drive and then drive off again lol


I certainly don't see as many as I used to.. I always give a little wave also.. But I don't think I ever had a response back..!!

I've seen you around many times.. You got a black classic with stickers on??
mickeymouse is offline  
Old 28 March 2015, 03:57 PM
  #40  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

I used to have a dark classic with Red Bull Graphics.......I have now got a silver version 5 STI and my young un has a version 3 STI
Edmondo is offline  
Old 29 March 2015, 09:44 AM
  #41  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by mickeymouse View Post
I certainly don't see as many as I used to.. I always give a little wave also.. But I don't think I ever had a response back..!!

I've seen you around many times.. You got a black classic with stickers on??
I had a wave in Swindon from blue blob wagon once in Swindon I usually wave or flash, had a lot more responses from people in classics though
Filski is offline  
Old 29 March 2015, 09:47 AM
  #42  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by Edmondo View Post
Used to be the last Friday evening of the month at the Sun Inn
Originally Posted by Edmondo View Post
Let us know if you do
Yeah will do I mean there is nothing wrong with having little meet up in Swindon even with people that are already part of bbs, as surely 5 min trip down the road is easier than 50 miles to Bristol
Filski is offline  
Old 29 March 2015, 09:56 AM
  #43  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by Filski View Post
Yeah will do I mean there is nothing wrong with having little meet up in Swindon even with people that are already part of bbs, as surely 5 min trip down the road is easier than 50 miles to Bristol


Looks like the job is yours.....lol

Last edited by Edmondo; 29 March 2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Emoticons dont seem to work
Edmondo is offline  
Old 30 March 2015, 09:05 PM
  #44  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

So who is up for a meet at some point in April ? As well as making a trip to BBS meet?
Filski is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 06:41 AM
  #45  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

I am due in hospital for a time starting sometime in April ( probably ) so if I haven't gone in then yep be interested and will get my young to bring his as well
Edmondo is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 03:02 PM
  #46  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

Thinking about it i just realised that its bankholiday weekend, is anyone about at all this weekend and up for a small meet!?
Filski is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 03:04 PM
  #47  
[email protected] four
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by Filski View Post
Thinking about it i just realised that its bankholiday weekend, is anyone about at all this weekend and up for a small meet!?
Monday could work for me, if that suits people?
fl@ four is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 03:06 PM
  #48  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

My car is a mess but monday works for me too. Any one else!?
Filski is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 07:31 PM
  #49  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Monday should be ok here - 2 cars
Edmondo is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 07:53 PM
  #50  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

That means we have four cars already, i say we are onto something here

1. [email protected] Four
2. Edmondo x 2
3. Filski

Hopefully the other lads will come along too
Filski is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 08:19 PM
  #51  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Just where and when..................we originally started with 4 cars many many years ago and before long it kinda mushroomed lol..............stick at it - it will happen........Facebook the meet....I will put it up on Wiltshire Scooby club - people look in from time to time.
Edmondo is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 09:26 PM
  #52  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by Edmondo View Post
Just where and when..................we originally started with 4 cars many many years ago and before long it kinda mushroomed lol..............stick at it - it will happen........Facebook the meet....I will put it up on Wiltshire Scooby club - people look in from time to time.
I will pop an event onto the Subaru page and Subaru wagons page too.

You mentioned Sun Inn in Swindon might as well stick with that unless there is a problem, as long as we keep civil it should be ok

What time would be good for all? Im thinking Lunch time ish say 1 or 2?

Last edited by Filski; 31 March 2015 at 09:32 PM.
Filski is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 09:44 PM
  #53  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by Filski View Post
.

You mentioned Sun Inn in Swindon might as well stick with that unless there is a problem, as long as we keep civil it should be ok

What time would be good for all? Im thinking Lunch time ish say 1 or 2?


Sun Inn on a Bank Holiday will be rammed especially if nice - Is there another place around Swindon with a decent size car park......what about the White Hart on the Oxford Road?
Edmondo is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 09:55 PM
  #54  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by Edmondo View Post
Sun Inn on a Bank Holiday will be rammed especially if nice - Is there another place around Swindon with a decent size car park......what about the White Hart on the Oxford Road?
Yeah White Hart would be even better especially if some people are coming from M4 and 420.

what time shall we still do 1 / 2 or later?
Filski is offline  
Old 31 March 2015, 10:02 PM
  #55  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by Filski View Post
Yeah White Hart would be even better especially if some people are coming from M4 and 420.

what time shall we still do 1 / 2 or later?


Bit later - let the lunchtime rush get out the way........say 3ish - then play it by ear.......could kick a few tyres, have a drink and then have a drive ( not boy racer styleeeee ) for an hour - go somewhere picturesque - take a few piccies and then see.....just a few ideas but up to you squire as you are organising lol.
Edmondo is offline  
Old 01 April 2015, 07:52 AM
  #56  
Filski
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 237
Default

Originally Posted by Edmondo View Post
Bit later - let the lunchtime rush get out the way........say 3ish - then play it by ear.......could kick a few tyres, have a drink and then have a drive ( not boy racer styleeeee ) for an hour - go somewhere picturesque - take a few piccies and then see.....just a few ideas but up to you squire as you are organising lol.
It is evident that i have never organised anything like this but going by your experience i think you are quite right

Ill have a think where it would be good to go, providing that the weather turns out to be ok.

3ish sounds good, @ White Hart and it should be easy to drive from there without too much traffic.
Filski is offline  
Old 01 April 2015, 12:40 PM
  #57  
[email protected] four
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 92
Default

Sounds good lads
fl@ four is offline  
Old 01 April 2015, 03:58 PM
  #58  
Impreza2417
Scooby Regular
 
Impreza2417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Swindon
Posts: 51
Default

If im back from holiday in time i will come
Impreza2417 is offline  
Old 02 April 2015, 04:44 PM
  #59  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by Impreza2417 View Post
If im back from holiday in time i will come


cool
Edmondo is offline  
Old 02 April 2015, 04:46 PM
  #60  
Edmondo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Swindon
Posts: 1,171
Default

Originally Posted by Filski View Post
It is evident that i have never organised anything like this but going by your experience i think you are quite right

Ill have a think where it would be good to go, providing that the weather turns out to be ok.

3ish sounds good, @ White Hart and it should be easy to drive from there without too much traffic.


Car Park around the back rather than the front
Edmondo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swindon Meets


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.