MY 2011 Saloon / Hatch, show yourselves! Pics & chat - Page 5 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum > Community > Member's Gallery
Reload this Page >

MY 2011 Saloon / Hatch, show yourselves! Pics & chat

Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

MY 2011 Saloon / Hatch, show yourselves! Pics & chat

Old 27 March 2012, 11:26 AM
  #121  
paulbu
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 410
Default

Originally Posted by urban View Post
Isn't it just

Know of anymore deals like that knocking around?
Seek, and ye shall find !
paulbu is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 01:19 PM
  #122  
mickp
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
mickp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North West
Posts: 1,395
Default

Great deal Paul and the car looks fantastic.

Plenty of smiles per gallon there.
mickp is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 03:38 PM
  #123  
rb5 286
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
rb5 286's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Essex
Posts: 8,813
Default

Paul - what dealer was that WITH?

also, that rear wing is adjustable, thats not a standard subaru spoiler is it???
rb5 286 is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 04:38 PM
  #124  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,735
Default

Originally Posted by rb5 286 View Post
Paul - what dealer was that WITH?

also, that rear wing is adjustable, thats not a standard subaru spoiler is it???
HT Auto's plus front lip as well.
Don Clark is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 07:59 PM
  #125  
paulbu
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 410
Default

As Don says, both the rear wing and front splitter are HT Autos parts.
The car was not sourced via a Subaru main dealer.
paulbu is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 08:39 PM
  #126  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,735
Default

Should have gone the whole hog with roof vane as well

Don Clark is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 08:57 PM
  #127  
Jakbull
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The North
Posts: 189
Default

Makes me want to trade the hatch.

And then I remember that I bought the hatch for practicality. D'oh!
Jakbull is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 09:13 PM
  #128  
HT_Autos
Former Sponsor
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyde Manchester
Posts: 1,364
Default

We have a lot more styling for the 2011 WRX STi now

http://www.htautos.co.uk/first_6.html
HT_Autos is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 09:35 PM
  #129  
dsemuk
Scooby Regular
 
dsemuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 356
Default

Originally Posted by paulbu View Post
When I first saw the new saloon, particularly those fitted with the rear wing, I knew that I wanted one. I wasn't prepared to pay the 33k that they were asking at the time but now that you see 'nearly new' saloons with a few k on the clock advertised for 10k less, with two years warranty to run. Also I was offered the full 300 to 340 upgrade for 750, the rear wing at half price including spraying and fitting, front splitter thrown in for nothing and 19k for my hatch.
The hatch is a brilliant car but I couldn't resist this saloon in what I think is the best colour.
If I could find a deal like that on a blue or white 2011MY hatch I would be very tempted to trade in my 18 month old hatch.

Anybody know who has a white or blue hatch demo car?
dsemuk is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 11:18 PM
  #130  
paulbu
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 410
Default

Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Great deal Paul and the car looks fantastic.

Plenty of smiles per gallon there.
I'm getting rid, they're as common as muck

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3559346.htm
paulbu is offline  
Old 27 March 2012, 11:41 PM
  #131  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,735
Default

They could have cleaned the engine bay

Pretty manky for only 6800 miles

Last edited by Don Clark; 02 April 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Don Clark is offline  
Old 28 March 2012, 12:52 AM
  #132  
dsemuk
Scooby Regular
 
dsemuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 356
Default

I picked up my 2008MY STi hatch just as the last few new cars were being sold in the UK, in the summer of 2010.

I am a little tempted to look at a 2011MY hatch, the one I have seems to be a little jinxed, also I could get the colour I want either white or blue.

How do the two cars compare, obviously Recaros, 18" rims, spec C suspension, keyless entry, pushbutton start, satnav. Anyone driven both models, is the handling any better than the 2008MY?

Any reports of MY2011 engines going pop yet?
dsemuk is offline  
Old 28 March 2012, 01:08 AM
  #133  
73henny
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
73henny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North of you
Posts: 284
Default

Originally Posted by dsemuk View Post
I picked up my 2008MY STi hatch just as the last few new cars were being sold in the UK, in the summer of 2010.

I am a little tempted to look at a 2011MY hatch, the one I have seems to be a little jinxed, also I could get the colour I want either white or blue.

How do the two cars compare, obviously Recaros, 18" rims, spec C suspension, keyless entry, pushbutton start, satnav. Anyone driven both models, is the handling any better than the 2008MY?

Any reports of MY2011 engines going pop yet?
I have had both (hatch then saloon). The handling with the spec C is miles better IMO. I chicken out long before the car does The ride isn't any firmer either.
You'll get the 320r upgrade, and no engines have popped as far as I know. I reckon the 320 does a couple of MPG more as well.
73henny is offline  
Old 28 March 2012, 01:47 PM
  #134  
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arborfield, Berkshire
Posts: 12,386
Default

Originally Posted by dsemuk View Post
If I could find a deal like that on a blue or white 2011MY hatch I would be very tempted to trade in my 18 month old hatch.

Anybody know who has a white or blue hatch demo car?
I don't think I have ever seen a plasma blue hatch for sale? I'm looking for a white one in 3-4 months time but MY11 hatches are rare as rocking horse poop.

May have to be not so picky and must admit silver does look quite good with a few choice mods. This one on PH looks nice and cracking price for the age / spec / mileage:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3696457.htm
P1Fanatic is offline  
Old 28 March 2012, 02:07 PM
  #135  
Abx
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Abx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kent
Posts: 2,995
Default

Everytime I see that one it keeps making me think about changing my front bumper.

As for silver, you know is the right choice and fastest colour!
Abx is offline  
Old 28 March 2012, 03:48 PM
  #136  
stevie1982
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
stevie1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,020
Default

Originally Posted by Abx View Post
Everytime I see that one it keeps making me think about changing my front bumper.

As for silver, you know is the right choice and fastest colour!
CAR looks mint as is but would defo go for the bumper update as personally i think it makes the car look a load fresher
stevie1982 is offline  
Old 28 March 2012, 11:32 PM
  #137  
StrikE
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
StrikE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hilltop
Posts: 483
Default

Originally Posted by Abx View Post
Everytime I see that one it keeps making me think about changing my front bumper.

As for silver, you know is the right choice and fastest colour!
Yeah front bumper is a good change


As for spark silver being the fastest colour God loves a trier

White rules
StrikE is offline  
Old 28 March 2012, 11:49 PM
  #138  
Abx
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Abx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kent
Posts: 2,995
Default

Looking great fella, would love the new bumper but invested a fair bit of cash on the front already and starting again I think would just be to expensive, it's already had fogs, splitter, zun mesh and some paint, also to blend a new bumper I'd have to blow in the wings and bonnet, no way I'd get that plus fogs, splitter etc again past the Mrs!

Out of interest in case I do what sort of price did all the new parts come in at, parts only without paint or fitting?

Cheers
Abx is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 12:01 AM
  #139  
StrikE
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
StrikE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hilltop
Posts: 483
Default

Sent you a PM
StrikE is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 12:04 AM
  #140  
Abx
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Abx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kent
Posts: 2,995
Default

Cheers buddy, really useful info.
Abx is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 12:10 AM
  #141  
rob84
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
rob84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: somewhere out there
Posts: 5,237
Default

Originally Posted by Abx View Post
Looking great fella, would love the new bumper but invested a fair bit of cash on the front already and starting again I think would just be to expensive, it's already had fogs, splitter, zun mesh and some paint, also to blend a new bumper I'd have to blow in the wings and bonnet, no way I'd get that plus fogs, splitter etc again past the Mrs!

Out of interest in case I do what sort of price did all the new parts come in at, parts only without paint or fitting?

Cheers
Keep looking at this as My mate who's has a body shop now owe's me a favour for looking at his 172 clio, so painting would cost me virtually nothing

57702FG211 FRONT BUMPER 245.51
57731FG150WU FRONT BUMPER COVER 59.29
57731FG160WU FRONT BUMPER COVER L 72.81
57731FG310WU FOG COVER R/H 66.71
57731FG320WU FOG COVER L/H 66.71
57731FG330 COVER TOW EYE 14.77
59110FG040 MUDGUARD FRHS 46.39
86636FG140WU COVER ASSY-LAMP WASHER 39.20
86636FG150WU COVER ASSY-LAMP WASHER 41.56
91121FG080 GRILLE 156.91
59110FG050 MUDGUARD FLHS 46.39

+vat at 20% Thanks to the robbing government
rob84 is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 02:40 PM
  #142  
sniffmydiff
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
sniffmydiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: s wales
Posts: 292
Default

Anybody aware of any pro-r deals / offers on the 340r upgrade?

ive got the 320r and have been thinking about the upgrade to 340

i may be able to get some discount at my local dealer

any advice appreciated
sniffmydiff is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 05:12 PM
  #143  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,735
Default

New items from Chargespeed..............

http://www.chargespeed.com/english/gv-b-2-e1.htm
Don Clark is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 06:20 PM
  #144  
Littleted
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leeds
Posts: 3,997
Default

Nice Don I want a carbon bonnet with vents how much are they ?
If i had some cash this would be my shopping list

Carbon Bonnet with vents
rear Spoiler and Carbon Boot
maybe that roof Fin
Some Black Wheels not Pro Drive though maybe Einke

bet that bonnet is a fortune though :/

SniffmyDiff id be intrested but where is your dealer ? ive got 320R also but not had the 340 done yet as its just too much for me at present.

ted

Last edited by Littleted; 29 March 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Littleted is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 06:48 PM
  #145  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,735
Default

Originally Posted by Littleted View Post
Nice Don I want a carbon bonnet with vents how much are they ?
If i had some cash this would be my shopping list

Carbon Bonnet with vents
rear Spoiler and Carbon Boot
maybe that roof Fin
Some Black Wheels not Pro Drive though maybe Einke

bet that bonnet is a fortune though :/

SniffmyDiff id be intrested but where is your dealer ? ive got 320R also but not had the 340 done yet as its just too much for me at present.

ted
For prices, best to contact SRB Power here in the UK.............

http://www.srbpower.com/
Don Clark is offline  
Old 29 March 2012, 07:51 PM
  #146  
dsemuk
Scooby Regular
 
dsemuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 356
Default

Originally Posted by rob84 View Post
Keep looking at this as My mate who's has a body shop now owe's me a favour for looking at his 172 clio, so painting would cost me virtually nothing

57702FG211 FRONT BUMPER 245.51
57731FG150WU FRONT BUMPER COVER 59.29
57731FG160WU FRONT BUMPER COVER L 72.81
57731FG310WU FOG COVER R/H 66.71
57731FG320WU FOG COVER L/H 66.71
57731FG330 COVER TOW EYE 14.77
59110FG040 MUDGUARD FRHS 46.39
86636FG140WU COVER ASSY-LAMP WASHER 39.20
86636FG150WU COVER ASSY-LAMP WASHER 41.56
91121FG080 GRILLE 156.91
59110FG050 MUDGUARD FLHS 46.39

+vat at 20% Thanks to the robbing government
I need a new front bumper after a pheasant committed hari kari under my car, this looks and interesting change, improves the look of the 2008MY front end.

Suspension & handling kit from Litchfield.

Engine rebuild, with proper internals.

18" alloy with decent rubber.

Mmmm easier than convincing the Mrs that I want to trade in an 18 months old car, for to her the same car.
dsemuk is offline  
Old 02 April 2012, 12:04 AM
  #147  
paulbu
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 410
Default

A few observations after driving the saloon for one week :-

As expected, there is no discernable difference in performance between the 330 hatch and the 340 saloon.
The saloon has a more 'planted' feel to it and when cornering, the steering isn't as vague, but there is a price to pay in the ride quality. You feel more bumps in the road than with the hatch.
The rear wing does slightly hinder vision through the back window when set in the 'up' position. I'll give it a try in the 'horizontal'.
The Scorpion system does give the car a deeper, noticably noisier exhaust note than the Prodrive on the hatch.
I haven't yet got the hang of the push button start, I keep looking for the key to put in the ignition.
Otherwise, like the hatch, it's a fantastic machine for the money.

Last edited by paulbu; 02 April 2012 at 12:13 AM.
paulbu is offline  
Old 02 April 2012, 07:35 AM
  #148  
salsa-king
Scooby Senior
 
salsa-king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Nottm
Posts: 14,875
Default

I thought Scorpion made the zorst for Prodrive?

I'll keep with the 330s
salsa-king is offline  
Old 02 April 2012, 08:59 AM
  #149  
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Arborfield, Berkshire
Posts: 12,386
Default

Doesn’t the 330s have keyless entry & push button start?
P1Fanatic is offline  
Old 02 April 2012, 10:16 AM
  #150  
urban
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Never you mind
Posts: 12,498
Default

Originally Posted by paulbu View Post
The Scorpion system does give the car a deeper, noticably noisier exhaust note than the Prodrive on the hatch.
I wonder if that's down to the dual back box?


Originally Posted by P1Fanatic View Post
Doesn’t the 330s have keyless entry & push button start?
Yep

Last edited by urban; 02 April 2012 at 10:21 AM.
urban is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY 2011 Saloon / Hatch, show yourselves! Pics & chat


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.