chevron motorsport - my experience - Page 2 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum



ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

chevron motorsport - my experience

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11 February 2018, 02:55 PM   #31  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
So come on then , in your vast experience of many disc makes , what are the differences in discs , you have no idea in the content of the discs we use , spurting ' cheap low grey iron ' is just making you look an idiot !

How are my brakes on your car
Right on que!

In all honesty as you've seen your stuff on my car, then you'll have seen my posts saying can't wait to change them so I think you already know the answer to that one
bustaMOVEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:20 AM   #32  
Davros 1979
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (56)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Newport Pagnell
Posts: 1,442
Default

So its you holding up my P1's engine rebuild by Chevron!?
Davros 1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 09:53 AM   #33  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs View Post
Right on que!

In all honesty as you've seen your stuff on my car, then you'll have seen my posts saying can't wait to change them so I think you already know the answer to that one
No , the only post I have seen with you saying you're changing the brakes , was reference to the pads , you hated the pads and couldn't wait to change them


Old 11 February 2017, 08:50 AM #19
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,342
Default
I take it them 9040 are the newer 7040 versions. (How much is the 'full' AP kit in that btw?)
I could of had some alcons, but they looked in a right state, big price of replacement discs and I've heard the seal stories too and then the aps came up.

Agree sj on the ds2500 set up on 6 pots, they are not the best pad for the caliper, can't wait to change them.


Old 11 February 2017, 10:45 PM #23
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,342
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesTuna View Post
Yes they work very well, my Mrs hates my late braking

I've got the ds2500s in and not completely happy with them either . . . What pads would people recommend ?
I have the ds2500 in mine too and hate them also, I'm getting Carborn Lorraine or cabotech next, maybe I'll try the pf but unsure if they will be harsh enough for me

The thread is here

https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/...ake-setup.html


So no , I haven't seen you saying you're changing the kit , just the pads , which is fair enough as there are no ' one pad fits all ' if I remember rightly , it wasn't so long ago you asked me the price on replacement rotors !

If you fit your pad of choice , CL RC6 , then there will be nothing you can fit to better it .
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 10:24 AM   #34  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,085
Default

Godspeed actually responding to posts
Well someone hold me up never got any responses from emails or from the little enquirer form on your website so I went and bought 4K worth of ap brakes from sumo power
RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 10:57 AM   #35  
PT82
Scooby Regular
 
PT82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO View Post
Godspeed actually responding to posts
Well someone hold me up never got any responses from emails or from the little enquirer form on your website so I went and bought 4K worth of ap brakes from sumo power
Not just me then. Facebook message read and ignored, emails ignored, called in the end, ordered parts.(which came quickly to be fair) Called again with an after sales enquiry and still no help. Won't get my money again.
PT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 11:18 AM   #36  
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (48)
 
Dave Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Forest of Dean
Posts: 4,611
Default

lot of love for Godspeed today
Dave Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 11:54 AM   #37  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO View Post
Godspeed actually responding to posts
Well someone hold me up never got any responses from emails or from the little enquirer form on your website so I went and bought 4K worth of ap brakes from sumo power
We do try to answer all emails , people have expressed shock in the past when they've had a reply at 2am , but then we do take into account that sometimes we either don't get an email , or our reply hasn't got there , which then makes it look as though we're not bothering to answer.
Glad you got sorted for your brakes , there are plenty of retailers selling them , and we can't expect to have everyone as customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT82 View Post
Not just me then. Facebook message read and ignored, emails ignored, called in the end, ordered parts.(which came quickly to be fair) Called again with an after sales enquiry and still no help. Won't get my money again.
ah the good old fashioned phone facebook is our last port of call if you need us , I guess the same as every seller , loads of time wasters and stupid questions where people want to know the answer to every crazy question they can think of , which it's impossible to spend the time answering , not sure what your question was when you phoned as that's one thing we are good at is giving help and advise over the phone , maybe you can explain further ??

Cheers Ian

Last edited by Godspeed Brakes; 12 February 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 12:21 PM   #38  
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Posts: 2,663
Default

'We do try to answer all emails , people have expressed shock in the past when they've had a reply at 2am , but then we do take into account that sometimes we either don't get an email , or our reply hasn't got there , which then makes it look as though we're not bothering to answer.'


Bul**h*t!

That excuse might have worked in the 1990's but emails really don't go missing anymore.
legb4rsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:03 PM   #39  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legb4rsk View Post
'We do try to answer all emails , people have expressed shock in the past when they've had a reply at 2am , but then we do take into account that sometimes we either don't get an email , or our reply hasn't got there , which then makes it look as though we're not bothering to answer.'


Bul**h*t!

That excuse might have worked in the 1990's but emails really don't go missing anymore.
We get loads of replies we send out from our website bouncing back to us , so yes it does happen , we end up finding messages to us in our spam when people have phoned us saying they haven't had an answer.
So no , not bull****

Cheers Ian
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:14 PM   #40  
PT82
Scooby Regular
 
PT82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 301
Default

I see where you are coming from with Facebook to be honest. Bet it's a knightmare! Can't you disable the message function maybe?

I couldn't find a receipt for the discs and pads I ordered. I emailed asking twice and asked on the phone. I'm not expecting you to go back six months ago in orders now but was disappointed with the customer communication/after sales. No doubt I'm small fry but still a customer
PT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 01:20 PM   #41  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT82 View Post
I see where you are coming from with Facebook to be honest. Bet it's a knightmare! Can't you disable the message function maybe?

I couldn't find a receipt for the discs and pads I ordered. I emailed asking twice and asked on the phone. I'm not expecting you to go back six months ago in orders now but was disappointed with the customer communication/after sales. No doubt I'm small fry but still a customer
Yes will look into see it we can disable messages on Facebook.

We always include the receipt in with the discs , with your card machine slip stapled to it , and a fitting / bedding in instruction sheet , and since rally day an air freshener for the car , PM me your details again and I can do you a copy receipt and post it to you , but it won't have the card machine receipt

Cheers Ian
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:22 PM   #42  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
No , the only post I have seen with you saying you're changing the brakes , was reference to the pads , you hated the pads and couldn't wait to change them


Old 11 February 2017, 08:50 AM #19
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,342
Default
I take it them 9040 are the newer 7040 versions. (How much is the 'full' AP kit in that btw?)
I could of had some alcons, but they looked in a right state, big price of replacement discs and I've heard the seal stories too and then the aps came up.

Agree sj on the ds2500 set up on 6 pots, they are not the best pad for the caliper, can't wait to change them.


Old 11 February 2017, 10:45 PM #23
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,342
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesTuna View Post
Yes they work very well, my Mrs hates my late braking

I've got the ds2500s in and not completely happy with them either . . . What pads would people recommend ?
I have the ds2500 in mine too and hate them also, I'm getting Carborn Lorraine or cabotech next, maybe I'll try the pf but unsure if they will be harsh enough for me

The thread is here

https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/...ake-setup.html


So no , I haven't seen you saying you're changing the kit , just the pads , which is fair enough as there are no ' one pad fits all ' if I remember rightly , it wasn't so long ago you asked me the price on replacement rotors !

If you fit your pad of choice , CL RC6 , then there will be nothing you can fit to better it .
Lol, you have a lot of time on your hands I give you that
Like above spend that time responding to potential sales lol.
Well I asked out of curiosity as I seen somewhere that only you supply for the bells I have as they are yours and others won't fit.
But it's pretty obvious if I'm going to change pads to new ones then the discs will be renewed also (hence me asking for price, but have I bought them?), but sorry I didn't mention that replying to a thread relating to pads, particularly the ds2500s as I've used them or ended up with them a couple of times now (not a choice I made, just happened they came with whatever I bought)
Guess I'll have to shop around nearer the time hey.
Do you supply pf discs btw and if so what's price on them and please no bumping up price because of our friendship, I don't have quarrels with anyone or traders, I won't buy something I'm not happy with but I will buy from whoever if the price is right for something I want. I just have 'probably' a blunt way of expressing things.
Anyway you carry on responding to your customers before they buy elsewhere lol.

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 12 February 2018 at 08:37 PM.
bustaMOVEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:27 PM   #43  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO View Post
Godspeed actually responding to posts
Well someone hold me up never got any responses from emails or from the little enquirer form on your website so I went and bought 4K worth of ap brakes from sumo power
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT82 View Post
Not just me then. Facebook message read and ignored, emails ignored, called in the end, ordered parts.(which came quickly to be fair) Called again with an after sales enquiry and still no help. Won't get my money again.
bustaMOVEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:33 PM   #44  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs View Post
Lol, you have a lot of time on your hands I give you that
Like above spend that time responding to potential sales lol.
Well I asked out of curiosity as I seen somewhere that only you supply for the bells I have as they are yours and others won't fit.
But it's pretty obvious if I'm going to change pads to new ones then the discs will be renewed also , but sorry I didn't mention that replying to a thread relating to pads, particularly the ds2500s as I've used them or ended up with them a couple of times now (not a choice I made, just happened they came with whatever I bought).

Anyway you carry on responding to your customers before they buy elsewhere lol.
Yes took me all of 5 mins to find , but I worked till 7.30 tonight to make up for it

Why would you need to change the discs at the same time as your pads , there is nothing wrong with your discs

Cheers Ian
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:46 PM   #45  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
Yes took me all of 5 mins to find , but I worked till 7.30 tonight to make up for it

Why would you need to change the discs at the same time as your pads , there is nothing wrong with your discs

Cheers Ian
Ah well, too much work finding threads for me tbh, can't be arsed really when I come home.

You mean there's nothing wrong with your discs? Tbh I haven't driven the car as much as I liked to so pointless me trying to later find out I maybe have to skim em again and again and again, that's a right chor.
Maybe you could buy them off me and I'll throw in the pads too foc so I can puts towards some shiny new ones? Will help me out massively towards costs
Will certainty show how awesome you are with customers
bustaMOVEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 08:58 PM   #46  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

Yes we all make mistakes and get it wrong , it's part of being human I guess , remember that time you served someone a happy meal instead of a big Mac , ooh he wasn't happy was he
Suck it up cupcake , we won't hold it against you .

Yeah I'll buy your front full kit off you , £500 ok
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2018, 09:47 PM   #47  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
Yes we all make mistakes and get it wrong , it's part of being human I guess , remember that time you served someone a happy meal instead of a big Mac , ooh he wasn't happy was he
Suck it up cupcake , we won't hold it against you .

Yeah I'll buy your front full kit off you , £500 ok
I've never worked at McDonald's but
Oh really? Disc and pads, Deal!
bustaMOVEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:01 AM   #48  
barnshaw
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 879
Default

Wow, so many people don't receive a response from a company, company blames it on system or not receiving emails, that's terrible in terms of business but OK lets move on.

But instead of apologising for the above and putting in measures to fix it they post responses basically waving customers away and playing the customers time waste card! This thread and responses alone from a company is a class in how NOT to run a business! Terrible attitude to manage complaints and feedback from people! Would not use on the above responses alone
barnshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:31 AM   #49  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,085
Default

Ian once kept a pair of calipers belonged to my gt turbo starlet for 10 months ignored calls and emails finally got them back when I emailed to say I’d be coming for them personally
RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 11:44 AM   #50  
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
trevsjwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northampton
Posts: 1,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO View Post
Godspeed actually responding to posts
Well someone hold me up never got any responses from emails or from the little enquirer form on your website so I went and bought 4K worth of ap brakes from sumo power
just seems odd they ignored a customer with 4k to spend.
Trev
trevsjwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 12:51 PM   #51  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevsjwood View Post
just seems odd they ignored a customer with 4k to spend.
Trev
We didn't , and a shame as we could have done them for £3200 for him and saved him quite a bit of cash.
People seem too scared nowadays to use the phone when they don't get replies
Cheers Ian
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 01:39 PM   #52  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,085
Default

RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 01:42 PM   #53  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,085
Default

So you ignored a pm and an email do you want me to post up the invoice from sumo power ?
RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 01:56 PM   #54  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,814
Default

I didn't ignore anything , just searched your name on our emails and nothing came up



I have searched back through PM's on here and found an unanswered message from you , so yes my loss , you were asking after a front only AP 355mm kit.

As I have already said , everytime you post it up , it's my loss , and I can't possibly expect to have every sale , and glad your sorted

Cheers Ian
Godspeed Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 02:16 PM   #55  
ZANY
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ....
Posts: 4,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
I didn't ignore anything , just searched your name on our emails and nothing came up



I have searched back through PM's on here and found an unanswered message from you , so yes my loss , you were asking after a front only AP 355mm kit.

As I have already said , everytime you post it up , it's my loss , and I can't possibly expect to have every sale , and glad your sorted

Cheers Ian
Do a group buy on braided brake lines at £35 delivered to show how sorry you really are or donít if you couldnít careless ehhh ....
Iíve allready bought my set last year so no I donít need them
ZANY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 02:32 PM   #56  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,085
Default

Bought the rear set up a few weeks later
RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 02:37 PM   #57  
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
trevsjwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northampton
Posts: 1,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
We didn't , and a shame as we could have done them for £3200 for him and saved him quite a bit of cash.
People seem too scared nowadays to use the phone when they don't get replies
Cheers Ian
I'm guilty of that myself, had a problem recent days with some Turbosmart parts (AET Motorsport) 5 e-mails, no reply. Just got on the phone, all sorted couldn't have been nicer. E-mail is just easier to use.
Trev
trevsjwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2018, 08:25 PM   #58  
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
bustaMOVEs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The 2dr club
Posts: 12,663
Default

bustaMOVEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 12:27 AM   #59  
juggers
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,428
Default

Give the guy a break, you'd be surprised how blue chip firms manage their customer responses. I have worked with some major businesses who also have similar issues the key thing is identifying these issues and putting measures in place to stop it from happening again, Ian I'll drop you a PM, I'm sure we can put an end to missed communications.
juggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 05:38 AM   #60  
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RAGGY DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Avoid bob Rawle
Posts: 2,085
Default

Ian doesn’t care mate
RAGGY DOO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevron Motorsport TMIC M4RKG General Technical 2 26 October 2016 04:39 PM
Rebuilt and good to be back...CHEVRON MOTORSPORT. sivo ScoobyNet General 9 16 March 2014 11:08 PM
Chevron Motorsport banny sti ScoobyNet General 5 06 July 2013 06:08 PM
A Massive Thanks To Chevron Motorsport james_scott21 ScoobyNet General 1 21 March 2012 01:55 PM
A huge thank you to Chevron Motorsport JustCallMeMac ScoobyNet General 1 22 February 2011 11:23 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:59 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.