Police-detest them - Page 5 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum



Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police-detest them

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13 September 2017, 12:50 PM   #121
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: everywhere
Posts: 2,015
Default

In my experience if theres not enough evidence to guarantee prosecution in a court proceeding then cps wont bother taking you to court, normally they will bail you while looking at evidence and either issue summons or drop the case
gazzawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 02:51 PM   #122
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 778
Default

What a lot of people are failing to grasp here is corruption. In the ideal world it wouldn't be a factor but this is far from an ideal world so it does.
1509joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 03:26 PM   #123
dpb
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: riding the crest of a wave ...
Posts: 44,171
Default

You don't think its relatively good here , compared with other places round the world ?!
dpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 03:42 PM   #124
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1509joe View Post
Felix your brainwashed by the bosses if they tell you its been dropped its been dropped and there's diddly squat you can do about it. You have no way to tell why its been dropped. Your superiors have told go home wee boy we'll deal with this.

As for this statement.


You're happy to argue against me, but when I put up a question of contradiction to your point - you just walk away.


I personally can't be bothered to have a discussion with somebody who refuses to accept their wrong. Now I know you will have to get the last word in as you all do but you work away you obviously can't read 99% of peoples views of the police/justice system now f**k off and leave my head in peace with your b******t and lies.
I'm brainwashed...?

Any OIC can challenge any decision given by CPS. If I am the OIC for any given case (burglary, assault, theft, fraud, damage, walking on the cracks in the pavement) - if the case is contested (ie the suspect has denied it or raised a partial defence) the file is sent for pre-charging advice by the CPS.

The CPS will then discuss this case with the OIC - no 'my bosses/superiors' - me.

If i disagree with the verdict by the CPS lawyer, I can challenge his/her decision - and basically get a second opinion from another CPS source. I have done this numerous times and been successful - so no I am not brainwashed!



'As for this statement.' - This refers to the fact that CPS can sometimes decide themselves to drop it. Which you replied with "B******t if they think they can get away........." I am stating that your argument is wrong - they can drop it and we can decide to challenge if we think there is a case. So no, its no B******t

Last edited by Felix.; 13 September 2017 at 03:43 PM.
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 04:01 PM   #125
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscoob View Post
not being pedantic but could you elaborate on arguing with cps ? surely they know if a case will stick or not, or is it a case of well let's take em to court guilty or not an see if it go's our way like they tryed with me, untill my brief pointed out to the cps that they may as well sit down in court as they didn't have a leg to stand on at which point the case was dropped and pc barnabus was told to stop waisting cps's time
As above really, the CPS will have a meeting with the OIC to discuss the case to see if it passes the threshold to charge to court with the current evidence. As the OIC has been the investigation officer, they will have an input on things such as witness reliability, identification issues, CCTV, suspect interviews etc etc. So the OIC has an input into the discussion and as OIC can challenge any decision made by CPS - whether that decision is to charge or to NFA.

Now, at the point of charging up until the court date (several weeks or months later) a lot can happen. Usually, the defence will apply to the CPS for disclosure of evidence and start to gather their defence evidence to counter that of the prosecution. Some defence solicitors disclose this to the CPS before the court date, others don't. This is why sometimes cases are dropped before the court date or the statement 'CPS offer no evidence' arises, as the witnesses all don't turn up at court or withdraw their statements.

So, I'm not sure why PC Barnabus was "wasting CPS's time" as the CPS could of dropped it before it went to court if there was no evidence at all. In essence CPS were wasting CPS's time. If its just a case that the defence have done its job and countered the prosecution evidence, then that's part of the court process.
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 04:03 PM   #126
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1509joe View Post
What a lot of people are failing to grasp here is corruption. In the ideal world it wouldn't be a factor but this is far from an ideal world so it does.
What corruption....

Or is this another statement that you don't feel as though you should explain yourself for.
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 04:09 PM   #127
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzawrx View Post
In my experience if theres not enough evidence to guarantee prosecution in a court proceeding then cps wont bother taking you to court, normally they will bail you while looking at evidence and either issue summons or drop the case
Kind of. It has to pass a threshold test to test the evidence at that point to see if there is a realistic prosecution at court.

If, at that point, there isn't - they can either NFA. Or if other evidence can be obtained (statements from people, medical statements, forensics etc) they can bail a person until that evidence is got and assessed.

If it then passes the threshold test, you can charge to court or summons to court in non-custody cases (ie the person was never arrested).
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 06:13 PM   #128
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix. View Post
What corruption....

Or is this another statement that you don't feel as though you should explain yourself for.
Oh dear you just don't get it do you. I keep trying to walk away from this drivel but you keep insisting everything is done by the book. IT IS NOT
1509joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 06:30 PM   #129
alcazar
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rl'yeh
Posts: 39,306
Default

I have to admit to a wry smile at Feix' assertion that having to incrimnate yourself was Ok by EC law.

It's a fact that the UK government threaten3ed to take their bat AND ball home if the ECHR came back with a "wrong" decision from their viewpoint.

Even now, top legal figures across the EU do not understand how that ruling was ever handed down.

But, of course, according to felix, it's NOT all about revenue....
alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 06:44 PM   #130
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1509joe View Post
Oh dear you just don't get it do you. I keep trying to walk away from this drivel but you keep insisting everything is done by the book. IT IS NOT
So, what isn't being done by the book with regards the things I have mentioned - CPS sometimes dropping cases etc etc
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 07:04 PM   #131
neil-h
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berks
Posts: 3,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcazar View Post
I have to admit to a wry smile at Feix' assertion that having to incrimnate yourself was Ok by EC law.

It's a fact that the UK government threaten3ed to take their bat AND ball home if the ECHR came back with a "wrong" decision from their viewpoint.

Even now, top legal figures across the EU do not understand how that ruling was ever handed down.

But, of course, according to felix, it's NOT all about revenue....
Well I never thought I'd see the day, Alcazar singing the praises of something that came out of the ECHR
neil-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 07:07 PM   #132
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcazar View Post
I have to admit to a wry smile at Feix' assertion that having to incrimnate yourself was Ok by EC law.

It's a fact that the UK government threaten3ed to take their bat AND ball home if the ECHR came back with a "wrong" decision from their viewpoint.

Even now, top legal figures across the EU do not understand how that ruling was ever handed down.

But, of course, according to felix, it's NOT all about revenue....
Don't tell me, your still using www.lingula.org.uk as your source of info

Which 'top legal figures' are these then?
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 10:21 PM   #133
lozgti1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,930
Default

Just watching Hot Fuzz.

Lol
lozgti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 10:23 PM   #134
joz8968
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
joz8968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indochina......hiding inside a bowl of rice
Posts: 22,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozgti1
Just watching Hot Fuzz.

Lol

Nick Frost's tiny Policeman's helmet, with the rain shawl on top.
joz8968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 10:31 PM   #135
lozgti1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,930
Default

Class film
lozgti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2017, 12:31 PM   #136
alcazar
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rl'yeh
Posts: 39,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix. View Post
Don't tell me, your still using www.lingula.org.uk as your source of info

Which 'top legal figures' are these then?
Ah, sorry, forgot you were in Martin 2005 mode.

No, no, it never did.....
alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2017, 01:19 PM   #137
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

That was one of your sources I do believe
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 10:09 AM   #138
alcazar
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rl'yeh
Posts: 39,306
Default

Nope. French TV and newspapers.
alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 10:36 AM   #139
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcazar View Post
Nope. French TV and newspapers.
Did you have too thought he'd gone on duty with the rest of goody goody never tell lies mates
1509joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 12:16 PM   #140
Felix.
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,577
Default

OK - since you all now think I'm lying, I've found the quote:

https://www.scoobynet.com/1034033-th...police-10.html

Entry - #277
Felix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 03:01 PM   #141
JackClark
Scooby Senior
 
JackClark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Overdosed on LCD
Posts: 19,754
Default

I think all people who detest the police should be proud, wear a badge and put a sign up on your house. That way you won't have to explain to any police officers that you don't need their help, saves time all round.
JackClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 04:31 PM   #142
alcazar
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rl'yeh
Posts: 39,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix. View Post
OK - since you all now think I'm lying, I've found the quote:

https://www.scoobynet.com/1034033-th...police-10.html

Entry - #277
One quote...on a different subject, the "speed kills " mantra. LOL

You are reaching now.
alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 07:48 PM   #143
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackClark View Post
I think all people who detest the police should be proud, wear a badge and put a sign up on your house. That way you won't have to explain to any police officers that you don't need their help, saves time all round.
That would not be a problem Sir but that would bite you in the a**e cause that would prosecute you for taking matters into your own hands.
1509joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 09:12 PM   #144
dpb
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: riding the crest of a wave ...
Posts: 44,171
Default

Vigilantes ?

Worst of the worst
dpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 09:29 PM   #145
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpb View Post
Vigilantes ?

Worst of the worst
No its called sticking up for yourself when the so called police force run the other way. Its a waste of time contacting them you be murdered before they decided to attend Wouldn't need to happen if they did their job Then they'd tell a pack of lies as to why they didn't attend
1509joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 09:30 PM   #146
ALi-B
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
ALi-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The hell where youth and laughter go
Posts: 36,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpb View Post
Vigilantes ?

Worst of the worst

You talking about those angry neo-liberal cyclists with their headcams?
ALi-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 09:45 PM   #147
alcazar
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rl'yeh
Posts: 39,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1509joe View Post
No its called sticking up for yourself when the so called police force run the other way. Its a waste of time contacting them you be murdered before they decided to attend Wouldn't need to happen if they did their job Then they'd tell a pack of lies as to why they didn't attend
This^^^^

Never fails does it...."No-one available, sir..."

Yet there's seemingly always someone to sit behind a camera........
alcazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 10:02 PM   #148
lozgti1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackClark View Post
I think all people who detest the police should be proud, wear a badge and put a sign up on your house. That way you won't have to explain to any police officers that you don't need their help, saves time all round.

lol

I detest apple too. Just put a sign in the garden, chopped our apple tree down and just making my badge
lozgti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 10:03 PM   #149
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi-B View Post
You talking about those angry neo-liberal cyclists with their headcams?
Them cyclist ones make me laugh they always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If your in the lorry their in your blind spot. There always sneaking up the inside of you at the last minute no matter what your driving and then blame you if by chance you decide to turn left even if your indicators have been on. The law of the jungle seems to apply here if its bigger than you you give it a bit of respect. I personally would not dream of essentially undertaking a lorry or any motor vehicle for that matter at a junction but they seem to think its their given right and then cry about it when an accident happens. If you where undertaking in motor vehicle plod would be after you.
1509joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2017, 10:04 PM   #150
lozgti1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpb View Post
Vigilantes ?

Worst of the worst
You have just ruined every movie I love Duncan
lozgti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:41 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: