Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Netflix or similar......

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2016, 08:02 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackClark
I've just cancelled Netflix, just not watching it enough and when I do nothing much appeals. Might go back to it after a break.
To be honest with you, I think that most of the Netflix is full of garbage. I don't use it that often. But I keep it because sometimes, I find some good stuff on it, and then I continue to watch it till the end.

I tried Hinterland before I tried this The Honourable Woman series, watched a couple of episodes of that and was quite thrilled to see the Welsh backdrop to it. But it was so bleddy dull to my choice that I've given up on that.
Old 30 August 2016, 01:08 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

I have a new 4k Samsung so decided to try Netflix 4k downloads.They are very limited in choice but they do have Breaking Bad in 4k.It looks amazing & very addictive & is well worth watching again in UHD.

Can cancel the £8.99 monthly when done!
Old 30 August 2016, 06:56 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
I have a new 4k Samsung so decided to try Netflix 4k downloads.They are very limited in choice but they do have Breaking Bad in 4k.It looks amazing & very addictive & is well worth watching again in UHD.

Can cancel the £8.99 monthly when done!
Started watching Sens8 in 4k, too. Seems ok-ish.

My missus has just put me through watching the entire back catalog of Frasier.

I mean I like it but 11 series or whatever is tough to get through....

I still have only watched a dozen or so episodes of Breaking Bad, I so need to get back into it
Old 31 August 2016, 11:14 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Finished The Honourable Woman. I recommend it to the ones who like international political spy sort of thrillers. Not as good as Homeland, but brilliant camera work nonetheless. I don't know what to watch next.
Old 31 August 2016, 04:12 PM
jason7579
Scooby Regular

Thanks to Hotukdeals there are 2 codes currently available to give new and existing users of NowTV a free month.

MOVIEFT for a months Cinema pass

ENTFT for a free months entertainment pass.

Just need to remember to cancel before the end of the trial period if you don't wish to continue paying.
Old 01 September 2016, 01:20 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
I've just cancelled Netflix, just not watching it enough and when I do nothing much appeals. Might go back to it after a break.
Oddly enough, so have I.

After they jecked the price up to £8.00 a month. Very little new content coming through.
House of Cards, Better Call Soul and Orange is the New Black are the only things we watch on there.

Looking at alternatives to Sky at the moment. I love the record function plus the F1 channel.
How do I go about this with Now TV? As I understand it, I cannot record from Now TV. Are there TV's with recorders?

Mrs wants to ditch Sky as we pay around £60 a month for everything except sports and movies. That includes line rental, broadband and multi-room.
Old 01 September 2016, 01:59 PM
jason7579
Scooby Regular

I cancelled Sky TV recently (Contract is up on the 4th September) and after waiting out the various offers they emailed me with I currently have been given Fibre Broadband for £10 pm, Line Rental is £17.40pm and they have thrown in the Sky+ benefits (play, record, rewind) to be used with the Sky box for free. I just lose all of the Sky channels - so this won't help with the F1 channel.

Originally Posted by Gear Head
Oddly enough, so have I.

After they jecked the price up to £8.00 a month. Very little new content coming through.
House of Cards, Better Call Soul and Orange is the New Black are the only things we watch on there.

Looking at alternatives to Sky at the moment. I love the record function plus the F1 channel.
How do I go about this with Now TV? As I understand it, I cannot record from Now TV. Are there TV's with recorders?

Mrs wants to ditch Sky as we pay around £60 a month for everything except sports and movies. That includes line rental, broadband and multi-room.
Old 01 September 2016, 04:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I've started to watch The Killing (Danish one with subtitles). It has that actor in it who played the Russian in the House of Cards. I've only watched one episode and it seems ok so far.

Last edited by Turbohot; 01 September 2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 26 December 2016, 09:16 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Just finished watching River, a 6-episode British detective drama (2015) on Netflix with two very good main actors Stellan Skarsgård and Nicola Walker. Very endearing acting from both of them. I thought the series was brilliant. One of my favourite songs was so wonderfully used as a theme song in the series. Just a trailer thingy, not a spoiler:

Old 14 April 2017, 02:07 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Have started to watch 'Mad Men' on Netflix. Loving the 60's theme.

Jon Hamm should have put himself up for the new James Bond.

If he did ever audition for the JB role but failed, then that's a shame. He would have well suited the role.
Old 15 April 2017, 03:15 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

TH,

Jack Taylor is the guy you need. Netflix. Great stuff.

And I hope you've been watching Designated Survivor?

David
Old 15 April 2017, 07:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
TH,

Jack Taylor is the guy you need. Netflix. Great stuff.

And I hope you've been watching Designated Survivor?

David
'Jack Taylor' is in my list, David. I will add 'Designated Survivor' to my list as well.

I watched 'Happy Valley', which was good. 'Shetland' turned out to be a bit boring.

This 'Mad Men' is pretty cool. I'm recognising the stuff from the sixties that my parents had, when I was little e.g. radiogram, cigarette lighters, telephone handsets, decor etc. My dad even wore the hat like Draper's! Didn't realise that Ritz crackers/biscuits are that ancient! Very interesting. Watch it, David. You'll like it.