ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

seriously stupid question about tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2015, 10:20 PM
faz27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seriously stupid question about tweeters

hi guys ive changed my standard head unit for a double din dvd sat nav type job, thats he good news. the bad news is i bought a cheap one. its works grea actualy and i dont want to change it i really like it but the power output is awful, ive replaced the front speakers with fli's and rear with alpines.
i had left the standard oem tweeters connected.
now heres the rub.
i turn the music up it sounds fine, i turn it up loud and the distortion is ridiculous. so i discoonected the tweeters, better sound quality overall but no high range, my question is ....after the waffle.....
my door speakers have a tweeter in the middle of the cone, but the as far as i can tell no high range, ive tried adding the wiring from the stock speakers to the terminals of the main speakers ie so 2 posi 2 negis. no difference.
ideally i want to rip the dam lot out (thespeakers are quite old now tbh) still use the head unit and go for a amp but im working on a budget and honestly dont know what to buy!!! i have a 1000w 2 channel amp my friend gave me can i power 2 fronts and 2 rears off 1 2 channel amp?
if anyone can point me to a guide (in english) id be grateful.

oh its a 2000 jdm bugeye
Old 04 July 2015, 10:27 PM
faz27
Scooby Regular

um...bit embarassing lol but just looked at the sticky thread " read before posting " and all the answers are there! lol what a dumbass. any additional advice is always appreciated of course
Old 06 July 2015, 06:54 PM
random rs
Scooby Newbie

Sorry this will be no help but I found fli speakers to be utter pants had them in my v4 wagon and awful just awful up loud and I'm a rick man so not needs to be loud lol. In the gt now I have vibe component and tweeters up front and vibe 3 way in the rear with a 10" Sony sub that's 10 years old and the same Jackson amp running it savage sound...... but my advice would be bin the fli and get to halfords or an online store and get a decent set of vibes.....
Old 09 July 2015, 01:24 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Do you have a budget?
Old 11 July 2015, 08:01 PM
faz27
Scooby Regular

hi sorry for not responding not really set a budget. my friends just installed vibes in his and sound amazing. can you post me a link to a set?