Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2013, 11:10 PM
toby69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

Looking for some advice and suggestions on Brake set ups.

Car: 2002 Bug STI

Currently running the standard STI Brembo's which to be honest I haven't really been happy with since getting the car!! Although I have been told it could be down to disc/pad combination!

Anyway I use to run AP 6 pots on my classic and they were fantastic so much feel and gave lots of confidance.

Looking for advice on either discs and pads for the Brembo's, been offered Girodiscs 2 part discs/bells at a good price or looking at a complete set up, ie K sport, D2 etc. not sure I can justify the price of a set of AP's just now but want something that would be very close to them.
Nae really wanting to spend loads on the Brembo set up if it aint really going to be much better? would rather put the money toward APs

Do plan to do quite a few trackdays so looking for a set up that will handle that

Thanks
Old 06 September 2013, 08:33 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the correct discs & pads (particuarly pad spec) then you can make them work very well - bear in mind a classic is much lighter and therefore will tend to brake better even on similiar spec items

mostly depends on your budget / potential plans

ensure you consider the rear barkes also as poor quality, sticky calipers, seized pads, etc. will all have a bearing on how the car performs overall even with the "best" front kit