Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Brembo Sport Rear Pads Squealing

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2013, 12:50 PM
Geds
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brembo Sport Rear Pads Squealing

I purchased these brake pads which I had fitted by an authorised Subaru dealer at the end of July during a major service. The part details are http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1964

Anyway I have the same pads on the front and am happy with them. However these rear pads are squealing very badly on one side (drivers side). My car sounds like a bus each time I slow to a stop just for the final 3-5m. The car has just been serviced and just passed its MOT so I know there is no mechanical problem with my brakes. There is no differential in force between the left and right rear brakes. So I'm confused as to why one set of pads are squealing and the other side are not.The discs are fine (the car has 34K miles on it), and and I have given it about 1 month or 600 miles to let the pads bed in however the squealing is not abating and continues cold or hot.

Do you think the compound on this one set is bad or deffective? Or do you believe this type of squealing is unavoidable and random? I really can't live with this and it looks like I am going to have to purchase a new set of rear pads in a different brand.

2007 STI Type UK (Hawkeye).

Last edited by Geds; 26 August 2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 26 August 2013, 04:46 PM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have sold hundreds if not thousands of these and they are one of the quietest compounds on the market, most likely a specific issue with the caliper/fitment on that one side
Old 26 August 2013, 10:26 PM
Geds
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AS Performance
we have sold hundreds if not thousands of these and they are one of the quietest compounds on the market, most likely a specific issue with the caliper/fitment on that one side
Thanks. I'll have the dealer check the fitting.