Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Pad change time, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2013, 03:26 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pad change time, suggestions?

I'm running k-Sport 330m 8 pots on my newage, only standard 2 pots on the rears with EBC grooved and drilled discs. The K-Sports are running EBC Blue Stuffs, I find them great once up to temperature but terrible from cold, which is a characteristic I understand of the blue stuffs.

So I fancy a change, something that offers better bite from cold yet performs well also when up to temperature. I rarely track it, just the odd trip to the ring and fast road use.

Also what are people's opinions on upgrading the rears, I'd like to match the fronts with another set of k-sports but they are a little pricey, in fact I think they are more expensive than the fronts iircm Would a set of Brembos make for a good balance? Or is it worth waiting and getting the k-sports?

Pad suggestions welcome
Old 15 May 2013, 04:29 PM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something from Pagid or PFC would probably more suit your requirements (exact pad depending on how aggressive you are)

as for the rear, the Brembo with a decent pad choice can be a good match, rear BBK would be more relevant if you were using 356mm fronts IMO