Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

brake not working proply

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2011, 01:26 PM
p1 kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake not working proply

hi i have a impreza p1 and ive upgraded the brakes to the brembo for pots they all worked fine last year the car has been stood for bout a year in my garage as iv been upgrading stuff on it like blitz fmic, oil cooler and exhaust so it hasnt been started, ive finished upgrading it the other day ond started it up (1st time) and took it for a little drive round where i lived to make sure all was ok. thye brake discs had surfice rush on them which is exspected after that mount of time so i held my foot slightly on brakes when i was driving to rub the rust off on heat up discs and pads. they was working but i realy had to press hard for them to do any thing they was really numb, so i thoat they might need bedding or something so i drove it for a little longer but made no diffrens . so i checked reservoir and got my mate to press brake peddle and every time he pressed the peddle, brake fluid was splashing up on the inside of reservoir ? iv'e checked the suction pipe that connects to the inlet manifold and that's working, its like the brake survo isn't working could any one help cheers