Old 21 April 2011, 01:48 PM
wrex1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vredestein sessanta, Uniroyal rainsport 2, Yokohama parada

Hello please can some body help me!

I have 18" on my car only had it 3 months and in need of tyres
there is so much stuff on the net that makes it very hard to make my mind up
Which would you say was the best as i can get all three brands from the same supplyer (tyremen) http://www.tyremen.co.uk
Seem to be very cheap and are all in stock please help asap
Old 21 April 2011, 02:01 PM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vredestain 108 225 40 18 here clickontyres.com
but my choice is below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/225-40-18-Y-82...item27b9c33125
make him offer 90 per tyre-on his feedback shows he deal between 90 to 100
here costs 134
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...110&sowigan=So
its new desgin 2011 model
Old 21 April 2011, 02:59 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Search for Vredestein on here - i doubt you'll find a bad word about them. I have had them on for about 3000 miles and think they are awesome. V good wear rates aswell. Mines look still pretty much as new
Old 21 April 2011, 03:29 PM
wrex1
Scooby Newbie

Default vredestein sessanta, Uniroyal rainsport 2, Yokohama parada

Thanks for your reply

But i dont feel right buying tyres of ebay!.
i can get the goodyear f1 from tyremen.co.uk for £120
also £105.00 225/40r18 vredestein Sessanta at http://www.tyremen.co.uk
Still don't know what will be best.
Old 21 April 2011, 03:30 PM
wrex1
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Cocker
Search for Vredestein on here - i doubt you'll find a bad word about them. I have had them on for about 3000 miles and think they are awesome. V good wear rates aswell. Mines look still pretty much as new
Were did you get them from?
Old 21 April 2011, 04:03 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Camskill although price as risen recently i think they are £112 each. V fast delivery though
Old 21 April 2011, 05:53 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrex1
Thanks for your reply

But i dont feel right buying tyres of ebay!.
i can get the goodyear f1 from tyremen.co.uk for £120
also £105.00 225/40r18 vredestein Sessanta at http://www.tyremen.co.uk
Still don't know what will be best.
I did some extensively researching into just this no that long ago. To sum up the Eagle F1 and Sessantas are very similar in overall performance, Eagles may have the edge in the dry (only very marginal) and the Sessantas are slightly better in the wet. The Sessantas wear rate is far better than the Eagles and the cost is usually better as well. Considering that it rains more in the UK than it is dry, the dry performance is still exceptional, a set of 4 was £70 less and they will last longer as well I went for the Sessantas.

Oh and the tread pattern on the Sessantas is far cooler giving the impression that you have a serious car.
Old 22 April 2011, 02:25 PM
fawor
BANNED

Originally Posted by SRSport
I did some extensively researching into just this no that long ago. To sum up the Eagle F1 and Sessantas are very similar in overall performance, Eagles may have the edge in the dry (only very marginal) and the Sessantas are slightly better in the wet. The Sessantas wear rate is far better than the Eagles and the cost is usually better as well. Considering that it rains more in the UK than it is dry, the dry performance is still exceptional, a set of 4 was £70 less and they will last longer as well I went for the Sessantas.

Oh and the tread pattern on the Sessantas is far cooler giving the impression that you have a serious car.
i dont think so
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vr...c-Sessanta.htm
and f1
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Go...Asymmetric.htm
maybe depends who done test
tyreman 124 for asymmetric and he sell old model f1 number 1
ebay fella sold some and still has 82 tyres this year model the same like this year sti but your choice
vredestein and f1 nr1 are few years back with tests against f1 nr2 like formula 1 last year to this year
f1 nr1 vs vredestein choice vredestein untill i finded f1 2

Last edited by fawor; 22 April 2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 22 April 2011, 05:03 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I did some extensively researching into just this not that long ago. To sum up the Eagle F1 and Sessantas are very similar in overall performance
Don't you?

They look very similar to me.

In fact the test results are so similar that to confidently claim that one is better is difficult. I found on their website (sorry cant remember where) one make and model scoring higher on an individual test but then scoring lower when put into a group test. This stopped me from making any definite conclusions from this website, based on such similar results as to which tyre was better and I started to find many reports from people who had used both and found that regular patterns of opinion were beginning to emerge. This is what I paraphrased above.

Now I know you need to take into account peoples expectation from the two brands, how much they paid, personal bias, did they buy one straight after exhausting the other that was 6 years old and not performing at their best, what time of year they bought them, i.e. buying F1s in summer may make you think that they are a better tyre than Vredesteins that were bought in the winter etc etc, but this is splitting hairs and can explain why you get slightly differing opinions with overall opinion and categoric opinion (wet grip, dry grip etc).

For the money I would buy the Sessantas.
Old 22 April 2011, 05:13 PM
fawor
BANNED

Don't you?

They look very similar to me.

In fact the test results are so similar that to confidently claim that one is better is difficult. I found on their website (sorry cant remember where) one make and model scoring higher on an individual test but then scoring lower when put into a group test. This stopped me from making any definite conclusions from this website, based on such similar results as to which tyre was better and I started to find many reports from people who had used both and found that regular patterns of opinion were beginning to emerge. This is what I paraphrased above.

Now I know you need to take into account peoples expectation from the two brands, how much they paid, personal bias, did they buy one straight after exhausting the other that was 6 years old and not performing at their best, what time of year they bought them, i.e. buying F1s in summer may make you think that they are a better tyre than Vredesteins that were bought in the winter etc etc, but this is splitting hairs and can explain why you get slightly differing opinions.

For the money I would buy the Sessantas.
i dont wrote about winter and summer
about design f1 number 2 is not the same tyre as f1 number 1 the same like f1 gsd3
gds3 next f1 asymm 1 next f1 asymm 2 they should change name on number 2 its completly new design tyre
they dont change nothing in production during winter or summer or whenever you buy it
for the money i will buy f1 number 2 from ebay
you wrote vredestein is slightly better on wet then f1 what is not true
vredestein is only better because is cheaper like falkens

Last edited by fawor; 22 April 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 22 April 2011, 05:32 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I/we are talking about F1 asymmetrics are we not? I was anyway, as that was what your post (no.2) was referring to. Sorry for not spelling it out, I thought we all knew which F1s we were talking about.
Old 22 April 2011, 05:35 PM
WRX-murphy
Scooby Regular

I use vredestain's on my hatch, great tyres
Old 22 April 2011, 05:35 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fawor
you wrote vredestein is slightly better on wet then f1 what is not true
vredestein is only better because is cheaper like falkens
So its better than F1s because its cheaper?
Old 22 April 2011, 05:50 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Unless tyre reviews are all on the same make of car then there not really telling you how good they are for your car... I read loads of good feedback on the vredesteins on here and the MLR and is why ive had them
Old 22 April 2011, 06:36 PM
fawor
BANNED

With the Ultrac Sessanta ultra high-performance (UHP) tyre, Vredestein introduced a tyre for the absolute top segment in 2006.
the new design is SUV sessanta
like new is f1 2
your choice 5years old design or new for the same price
i havent new f1s yet i think i will have them then i could compare.
like you know or could imagine 5 years in car industry like in IT is a lot.

Last edited by fawor; 22 April 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 22 April 2011, 07:33 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I dont think it is a new design like the F1 2 (asymmetric) is to the F1. Isnt it made alongside the Sessanta and designed for larger vehicles, which is why it has a wider tread pattern and a different, stronger carcass. It isnt designed for our type of cars and shouldnt really be discussed in this thread. Please correct me if Im wrong as I dont know much about these as I didnt think I needed to.
Old 29 April 2011, 11:54 AM
wrex1
Scooby Newbie

Default Tyremen vredestein

Thanks for your info and comments i bought them last week from tyremen came next day just need to get them fitted.

Thanks
Old 29 April 2011, 04:40 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

As in Vredestein Sessantas?
Old 29 April 2011, 11:56 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Cocker
Well, I for one can't get on with my Vreddies... They're awful on track (squirm-city) and confidence-UNinspiring on the road. My F1's were far better on my car.
Old 30 April 2011, 06:06 AM
fawor
BANNED

suv sessanta 215 40 17 is it for larger veh?
i dont think so
like henrik wrote f1 rules
Old 30 April 2011, 10:07 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

^Why are you still harping on about SUV Sessantas?

Henrik what car did you have them on? You are in the minority when it comes to your opinions on the Sessantas but who am I to argue that you did get on with them?

Fawor, have you ever had Sessantas? You havent said that you have had any experience yet you seem to a have quite a strong opinion against them which I cant believe comes from reading and researching as there are far more good reports than bad one. Is it because you don't want to hear that something you spent a lot more money on is pretty much on par with a much cheaper tyre?
Old 30 April 2011, 08:42 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Henrik what car did you have them on? You are in the minority when it comes to your opinions on the Sessantas but who am I to argue that you did get on with them?
2003 WRX with AST suspension (fairly hard, it has to be said), and 22mm adjustable cusco rear ARB and solid CDF drop links with the hard bushes. Laser geo setup ("fast road"). Tyre size is 225/45 on 17" STI rims.

I've driven the car both on F1's, the Sessantas and on yokohama a048's.

The a048s are in a class of their own, of course, but the vredesteins don't work on my car for some reason. There's a lot less feedback than with the other tyres, and the sidewalls feel too soft (lots of squirm under braking on track). The F1s have soft sidewalls too, but they provided lots more feedback and didn't feel unstable on braking.

Once my vreddies have worn out, I'm going to try the Michelin PS3's (or whatever they have out at the time, I only did 4000 miles last year, so at this rate I'll still have the vreddies for years).
Old 10 May 2011, 03:37 AM
fawor
BANNED

Wink f1's

^Why are you still harping on about SUV Sessantas?

Fawor, have you ever had Sessantas? You havent said that you have had any experience yet you seem to a have quite a strong opinion against them which I cant believe comes from reading and researching as there are far more good reports than bad one. Is it because you don't want to hear that something you spent a lot more money on is pretty much on par with a much cheaper tyre?
No and never will if i can find deal for better performance tyres.
First sessantas and f1 arent proper track tyre when dry(cant compare with semislicks).far better on wet.
Second my new 18 40 225 f1s nr2 bought for 90 per corner-find me better deal and dont tell me i spended to much money
main reason after sessantas: sessantas are cheaper and wear tread last longer,quiet then f1,for some is main reason why sessantas are better.(are better than?)
Is something for something f1s use softer components ,last shorter milage then others but far better grip on any wheather,shorter braking distance,its depends what You after.
save money (if You cant find good deal) or more safe driving Your choice.
tyres are for grip and braking should keep You on road not for saving money on them

Last edited by fawor; 10 May 2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10 May 2011, 08:04 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Fawor, which country are you from?
Old 10 May 2011, 12:49 PM
fawor
BANNED

Fawor, which country are you from?
From Continental Europe
one letter too much big deal edited ,sorted ,happy now?
next time write are You capital "Y" please or better "sir"
after which school are You? 2 classes only?

Last edited by fawor; 10 May 2011 at 12:58 PM.