Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Black bugeye wagon wheel colour...

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2011, 10:32 PM
Gonza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black bugeye wagon wheel colour...

Evening all,

After much thought I have decided that it is time to change wheel colour again.

The wheels are Gram Light 57c's in 17". I have gone from one extreme to another and am now looking to change once again. The question is I am undecided which way to go or even whether to stick with the current colour and just re-fresh...

Colours topping my list at the moment are Gold, White or Anthracite. Due to the style of the alloy the wheels can appear to look smaller than they are hence brighter colours seem to make them look bigger.

They started off life as Bronze:

Then I had a mad moment...

I've very much enjoyed the orange, but TBH due to the flourescent nature of the paint it doesnt take too well to UV. Hence starting to fade a little now.

Now, due to the prepping etc prior to paint I'm loathed to make a mistake with a colour I'm unsure of. Not being any good with photoshop (paintbrush is my limit!) I was wondering if anyone could very kindly try any of these colours out? If not, no problems at all but any opinions are most welcome.

(With regard to ride height, I will eventually be getting some coilovers so can fill the arches a little more.)

Thanks in advance,

Rich
Old 23 April 2011, 08:24 AM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with Anthrachite myself. I've a light gunmetal finish on mine and I like that slightly tarnished silver look against the black.