brakes on a wrx 51

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2011, 01:33 PM
chrisnorm17
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes on a wrx 51

Hi

Im looking in to brakes at the moment. my car is a scooby wrx 51 with what id call a basic stage 1 package on engine side. current disc and pads are OE and cheap front disc from last owner. The car stops when i drop the grapple hook from the window. i don't have a big bugget and dont realy want AP or big brakes. i just want to clean up what i do have on the front and stop the warp on the front discs. bugget is around 250 - 300 mark. ive had a look at godspeed/ians options and also aztec. (groved discs and kevlar pads)

My question is what the best thing for me never change disc and pads before always had O.E. spec to fit.. I do get my foot down and the tractors this way do stop you alot. i dont do track days but im planing on doing one or to this year. whats my best option and do changing the rear pads and disc realy make that much difference??

PS does anyone run same spec as me on std callipers??
Old 24 March 2011, 03:37 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Chris,

The recommended pad would be EBC Bluestuff NDX, work well from cold and can handle trackwork.

It's important to fit matching front and rear pads to maintain the correct brake balance and to prevent fade. You wouldn't need to do the rear discs if they still have good life on them.

The Kevlar pads are suitable for road use only, so planning for a trackday would rule these out.

We have some great pad/disc package deals on offer, give us a call

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 24 March 2011 at 03:38 PM.