P-Zero Nero

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2002, 06:52 AM
Andy Winskill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone tried these yet?

How would they stand up to airfield/track use?

Cheers,
Andy
Old 17 April 2002, 01:10 PM
JohnP
Scooby Newbie

Hi, Andy

If you're considering the PZero Nero, give me a call on 0797 1008913 - I may be able to help you with some info.

Regards

John Price
Protyre
Old 17 April 2002, 01:44 PM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

Just about to have these fitted to my P1 on recall, so any information you could email me, much appreciated.

Thanks

Russell
Old 19 April 2002, 06:59 PM
Andy Winskill
Scooby Regular

I've decided to get some PZN's fitted this weekend I'll post up my impressions shortly after...
Old 27 April 2002, 12:00 PM
Andy Winskill
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well I've swapped over my rims and now have P-Zero Neros on. What can I say? Well I've now done 1.5K miles on them and they're fantastic. Head & shoulders above the F1's

The PZN has a stiffer sidewall than the F1's and the tread block must have a high torsional resistance as the car reacts to steering input much quicker. In fact the car could now be described as "darty" on the motorway and really demands concentration.

On country roads the car feels much more secure and the feel through the steering wheel is much better than the F1's. As I've not yet been on track with them I couldn't comment on what they're like on the limit, but they seem to have much more grip than the F1's

Pirelli describe these tyres as uncompromised......

OK here's the downside. On the motorway they're quite noisey. Much more noisey than the OEM Bridgestones or F1's, in fact I'd say the NVH was definately up. Still it's a small price to pay as it's transformed the handling of the car.

Subject to how they stand up on the track I'd definately buy another set. The F1's wore really well on the track, however, being directional I'll need to take them down to a tyre center to get them rotated. The PZN's have the advantage here in that they're asymetric so they'll save on tyre bills in the long run.
Old 30 April 2002, 05:29 PM
jpidding
Scooby Regular

I live in Germany at the moment. Do a lot of laps at the Nurburgring. Getting a set of Nero's this week, having shagged the original RE10's and a set of SO3 PP's.

I'll let you know what I think.

James
Old 20 May 2002, 10:59 AM
jpidding
Scooby Regular

Not overly impressed I have to say!

The car lacks initial sharpness of turn-in offered by RE10's and to a lesser extent SO3 PP's.

More noise when cornering very noticable (not squeal, just road noise).

Braking ok, traction ok (not really an issue in a Scoob).

Roundness very vaiable!!! 2 out of 4 were near perfect, one not so good, one poor! Don't know if they will settle in after a few more miles. For info, the wheels are dead true and have never been kerbed/pot-holed.

Will be doing track days at the Ring again v soon.....will give another update, may be able to comment on wear rates/hi temp performance.

James