Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Rear brake issue (hawkeye)

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2011, 10:36 AM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake issue (hawkeye)

I have just noticed a slight metal to metal noise coming from the rear wheels, It seems as the rear brakes have worn and there's a little sort of metal guide rubbing on the disk Can anyone confirm this is whats meant to happen ????

Also I changed the front pads and rear pads at the same time (2 and half years ago) now the fronts look fine but the rears have gone brakes work fine and never had a problem just thought it was strange as I thought the bias would be on the front???

One more thing who is the best for standard brakes???
Sorry for all the questions.
Gonzo.
Old 13 February 2011, 01:01 PM
Scooby1975
Scooby Regular

The metal shim is on the pads to tell you when they need replacing, the metal touches the disc and gives you the noise you are now getting so new pads needed.

Not sure on pad wear but imagine this could be down to lots of different things. If the brakes are fine then I would not worry about it, just replace the rear pads and the fronts when they need doing.

Ian at godspeed brakes knows more than most. He can supply some upgraded pads which will makes quite a differene to your braking , these do not cost much more than the standard pads and well worth it.

I replaced my Hawkeye brakes with grooved discs and Bluestuff NDX pads, completely transformed the braking, are very very good now, would recommend this to anyone.
Old 13 February 2011, 02:57 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

OK good to know its just the pads, I was using Black Diamond pads so might get in touch with godspeed to see what they offer.