Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Yokohama Neova

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2010, 12:08 AM
IggyRB320
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yokohama Neova

Has anyone any experience of Yokohama Neova?
Think its, the road legal track tyre (compound), that comes new with 3mm of tread, made as a fully road legal tyre with 10mm tread, as stated with the track compound!

Advice / opinions welcome:
1- useabilty wet/dry
2- road noise
3- tyre ware

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...FyJnDPX6Np2QRg

Last edited by IggyRB320; 09 September 2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09 September 2010, 11:09 PM
b0x
Scooby Regular

Which one? Yokohama make a few now, the AD07 and AD08 are "extreme performance" road tyres, where as the a032 and a048 are track day tyres.
Old 10 September 2010, 12:02 AM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default re yoko neova

i had yokohama neovas on my new age when i bought it and think my jdm had spent some of its life on the track as there were quite a lot of track day slips in the glovebox,. they might have been ok on the track and were ok on the road with no noise and good grip wet and dry, however when we had the snow the grip was terrible and i must of been the only subaru stranded with my subaru sliding side to side at the front and rear in the snow and couldnt even get it to grip to park it, and ended up pulling it over to the kerb by hand in the snow and i ended up with my side of my car in a lamp post on the way to work, luckily the boys at scoobyclinic made it all new for me and i am now running on falkens and i think they are excellent all round tyre and grippy in the snow. hope this helps
Old 10 September 2010, 09:57 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by fordrsrickc
i had yokohama neovas on my new age when i bought it and think my jdm had spent some of its life on the track as there were quite a lot of track day slips in the glovebox,. they might have been ok on the track and were ok on the road with no noise and good grip wet and dry, however when we had the snow the grip was terrible and i must of been the only subaru stranded with my subaru sliding side to side at the front and rear in the snow and couldnt even get it to grip to park it, and ended up pulling it over to the kerb by hand in the snow and i ended up with my side of my car in a lamp post on the way to work, luckily the boys at scoobyclinic made it all new for me and i am now running on falkens and i think they are excellent all round tyre and grippy in the snow. hope this helps
A high performance summer tyre that goes rock solid and useles in winter? Whatever next?
Old 11 September 2010, 08:28 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Lol ya sarcy bugger. But well said!