Brake opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2010, 11:20 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake opinions please

Right guys

i have been looking into brakes for a while now and from what i can gather the AP kits are looked upon as being the most recommended kits out there with a fit and forget kind of attitude but at £1800 they do come at a price.

i have had 2 sets of the 6 pots and one 4 pot setup on imprezas i have had and i do have to say i can not fault them on bit but i have always been lucky enough to of bought a car with them fitted or got lucky and got a used set cheap.

in my hunt for a set of used ap's and questions i have asked there are 3 common setups / manes that get thrown in as a cheaper option which are

K- SPORT
TAROX
NEWAGE BREMBO with PF disk n pad

so what i would like to know is if all of the 3 above had the same disk and pad combo for example Performance Friction disks and Ferodo DS2500's

what would be the better out of the three?
and why?

and if anyone has done some back to back testing on the above and can shed any light on to it that would be a big help as i think the brake setup is one of the common issues people have when upgrading the impreza there are a lot of personal opinions on one make of brake which the individual has not tested against rivals.

so any input would be great

steve