Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Questions... Impreza Brakes overview

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2010, 03:50 PM
blueoxo22
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions... Impreza Brakes overview

Hi all. You've probably seen a post like this a thousand times before but here goes!!

I'm the proud owner of a JDM '02 STI Wagon (soo many people seem to think they don't exist) and I want to do a couple of upgrades to the brakes, suspension and put back on the original JDM HID lights.

The most important right now is the brakes. I currently have the standard 4 pot Subaru calipers. But are these the right calipers for this car?? Everywhere I look for new pads for mine I never quite know which I should be going for..

From what I can see the Subaru 4 pots were used up to '01/'02 then they went to the gold Brembos until around the STI '08 when there are those newer black Brembo's. Are these ALL compatible with each other and what are the benefits?? Are there any others which were used over the last 10 years or so??

Basically I'm on the lookout for a new set of gold Brembo's but want to confirm that I will see and feel a benifit from the upgrade (any offers of Brake kits for sale welcomed).

Second brakes question, Brake fluid..........

I have some standard 4 dot fluid. do I really need the upgraded super stuff for normal/fast road use? Is there a real benefit off the track?#

Hope you guys can help.