Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Front pads 94 sti, help!

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2010, 07:20 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Front pads 94 sti, help!

Got a v1 Sti wagon the other day for a runner.. Brakes needed changing. Now I know from owning a few imprezas there's usually early 2 pot pads (with cut out locators) then next 2 pots on have tabs to locate, then 4 pot pads. Presumed it'd be early ones but thought I'd check.. lucky I checked because it has later style 2 pots (or so I thought) so ordered the ones with the tabs.
Just tried to fit them and they are not the right ones, initial thought was wrong pads from camskill so went to motorfactors, they had same pads.. hmmm
basically the car has larger pads, they are about 10mm longer on the edges (not ends of tab) than the normal pads. Same style as 2nd gen 2 pot pads but larger and the tabs are a lot smaller (no way they'll go in the spring retainers on caliper!)

Are there specific Sti pads or something? I can only find 2 types of 2 pot pads.

The actual friction compound is same size but the old pad backing is about 10mm wider at the shoulders and the tabs (as you can see) are a lot wider and won't go in the caliper

Last edited by jameswrx; 22 January 2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 22 January 2010, 11:17 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi James,

Is it OEM spec you're after?

Cheers,

Bob
Old 23 January 2010, 08:51 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

from the picture it looks like you have the later (02> from memory) third style set-up............
very few apttern pads available although mintex do list

alyn
Old 23 January 2010, 07:31 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks guys but I've trawled eBay and the net and can't find anything that matches these exactly. I though the 02 legacy and 00 import impreza was the answer and certainly looks very close but the friction material shape is different on all I've seen (on the edges) I'm not sure enough it's them.