Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

New tyres fitted !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2009, 06:12 PM
bigh221
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tyres fitted !!!!

Hello all, just had 4 new eagle f1 aysm fitted last sat, valves balancing and 4 wheel laser align for £504. Drove the car away and the steering was way out to the left, took it back and he corrected it. Now noticed tyre wall wear on the front driver side and took it back today, up on the ramps non of the other tyres had any adverse wear inside or out apart from the drivers side which was wearing on both sides of the tyre. they tell me it may be to do with the geometry (should i have had this done aswell) it may be when they took all 4 wheels off on the ramp when the suspention drops down, i am not sure would appriciate some advice as to whether i should get them to replace the tyre, they have swopped the front and back around to see if the same wear occurs. Thoughts, and what i should do are much appriciated.

Old 05 November 2009, 06:42 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

If you are noticing wear after less than a week then something is seriously wrong with the setup, and it doesn't sound as if they are competent at all. To a large extent the geometry IS the alignment, if the alignment was done properly then other problems should have been detected if they were enough to cause bad wear.

To wear on both edges of a tyre could be underinflation, but I can't see how that would be apparent in a week. Could it be that the first bad 'alignment' was completely wrong, caused the wear on one side, then the 'correction' caused the wear on the other side ?
Old 05 November 2009, 06:52 PM
bigh221
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply matey, see what your saying , they have told me to go back in 1 week to check for wear, if it doea wear the same as before technically they have done what i paid for and will probably say the dont do geo set up, the car was perfect before they fitted the 4 tyres i think its down to them to correct it? your thoughts

regards
Neil