Anti lock brake light or ABS light and noise

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2009, 09:16 PM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti lock brake light or ABS light and noise

hi everybody
Got a small question about this brake light that keeps coming on and i hear a noise from the front drivers side like a compressor stuck on , i,ve unplug a connection where the noise is coming from ,cleaned it out and than pluged it back in and this did stop the the compressor and light from coming on until a couple of days ago when i did this unpluging and cleaning bit ,but can,t get the compressor to stop , any ideas as to what the problem is and if it knacked what part am i looking for and how easy is it to fix and change , any help is appreciated , thanks
Old 15 May 2009, 10:27 PM
OBXR Rick
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi m car has just done the same, went to the bank, set off and the ABS light was still on. then went off. I thought I would just switch the car off and back on to see if it happened again, the alarm and immobiliser went wild and there is a very qick ticking noise coming from under the steering wheel. the lights flash dim to bright on the dash board and the alarm is doing the same. got the car ready to start all lights on, turne the key and it is like some thing is shorting and then the alarm starts going off again.. I dont know what the hell it is