Bugeye Uneven OSF Tyre Wear

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2009, 11:00 PM
ricco60
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bugeye Uneven OSF Tyre Wear

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone could advise on the following, from what it looks like, a common problem.

When I bought my most recent bugeye the front OS tyre was knackered on the inside edge about 1 inch in. I got a new set of alloys and tyres and had the geo tracking and cambers checked - all spot on (18" Inovit CTS with Falcon tyres).

Seven months later it is getting just as bad on the same side, so again I have had the geo tracking and cambers checked and its all fine, apparently.

I must say that when taking a RH corner or sometimes a LH corner it seems as though the OS wheel is turning too much and almost scuffing on its inner edge - may seem weird but its the only way i can describe it. This would also explain why when the car is stationary it is fine - for the geo check etc - but when its moving/cornering this is when the problem occurs.

I've had a bugeye before this one and classics before and none of these have suffered with this problem so I am beginning to get slightly worried about any previous accident/track damage.

Can anyone advise whether this may be worn bushes, bent suspension/steering members, chassis related or something more sinister?

I have got to change my rear shocks as they are leaking - I assume this would not have any relivants to the front end handling?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I am sure the main dealer will enjoy trying to find any issues at £80+ per hour!

Thanks all.

Last edited by ricco60; 26 February 2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Update