Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

caliper fitment behind Advans

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2009, 05:18 PM
rtm4676
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caliper fitment behind Advans

I have 17" magnesium Advan alloys fitted to my Type R and want to uprate the brakes, there doesnt look to be a great deal of room in there and thats with standard 4 pots. My concern is that if I do manage to source new/used brakes the bad boys dont fit. This may be a difficult question to answer but does anyone know what brakes sit exactly inline with the standard 4 pots and dont push out any further? The standard ones are fine and dont rub.
Old 11 January 2009, 11:02 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

All uprated brakes work be getting more brake pad material in there. That means either a larger diameter disc or a bigger caliper.

Go onto the AP website and download the 6 pot 330mm kit template. Cut it out and try it inside one of your wheels. If the template fits in the wheel then the wheel will fit over the brakes.

If the wheels fit over the 6 pot AP's then it's likely that they'll fit over other aftermarket brakes.

But be wary of the gold brembos off the newage STi's, they're really wide, not big diameter but wide, they'll foul the inside of the rims on a lot of wheels.
Old 11 January 2009, 12:31 PM
rtm4676
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
All uprated brakes work be getting more brake pad material in there. That means either a larger diameter disc or a bigger caliper.

Go onto the AP website and download the 6 pot 330mm kit template. Cut it out and try it inside one of your wheels. If the template fits in the wheel then the wheel will fit over the brakes.

If the wheels fit over the 6 pot AP's then it's likely that they'll fit over other aftermarket brakes.

But be wary of the gold brembos off the newage STi's, they're really wide, not big diameter but wide, they'll foul the inside of the rims on a lot of wheels.
Thanks for that, sound advice!