Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

squeeeeeeeeeeeeak!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2008, 07:19 PM
rob_1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeeeeeeeeeeeeak!!!!

ok, when i got my brembo calipers for the front of my 02wrx, (2nd hand) they didnt have the two plates that slide in behind the pad, so i sprayed copper grease on the rear of the pads instead, however, im getting some slight squeaking at low speeds when applying the brakes lightly, and as i let off.

should the calipers have some of the metal plates?
(if so where could i get some) or
would the ones from my subaru 4 pots fit?

should copper grease be enough, and is it perhaps just that i didnt put enough on?

i also put new ebc yellow stuff pads on the rear, and get a real loud grinding when braking from them, just bedding in, or time to replace the discs which have a fair amount of wear?

thanks !!

Rob
Old 07 November 2008, 11:21 AM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

The anti squeal shims are not essential, they are there only to reduce noise and when I had Brembos I preferred the pedal feel without. If you can't stand the squeak then I'm sure Alyn at ASPerformance 0191 4103770 will be able to help you with the part or some self adhesive anti squeal shim.

Last edited by D1CCY; 07 November 2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling as usual
Old 11 November 2008, 07:58 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

I would use the adhesive anti squeal shim and copper grease on the back of the pads and piston!! This is what i did and it sorted out
I also only had a slight squeal when the car was just about to stop and it can get very annoying