Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

rear break help.

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2008, 10:23 AM
jonathan100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear break help.

Right in a nut shell i had my 2 front tyres replaced a few weeks ago and while the wheels were off the chap pointed out that my pads are starting to get low. So i know i need to replace them.I thought while i was at it i'd doo the back breaks aswell.

I've had the car close to two and a half years and not done anything with the rear brakes. What i need to know is what sort of price would i be looking at for new disks and pads for the rear? Also the hand break is fairly loose.The handle comes up near the top of the travle befor it holds the car on a hill. Would this just need to be agusted or would it just be a good idea to replace the drums while i'm at it. If so what sort of price would i be looking at for the drums? I'm sorry if these questions seem a bit dumb but i'm not that mecanicly minded.
Old 06 August 2008, 09:51 AM
chrisUK300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what car you have but I paid roughly around £120 for discs and pads for a 2001 Bugeye.

I would inspect the handbrake shoes no point replacing them if they are not worn. Travel on handbrake may just need adjusting, which is a pretty simple job IIRC

Chris