Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

KAD, AP , performance Friction,

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2008, 06:32 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KAD, AP , performance Friction,

Right i have made my dissision but wich one to go with would be appreciated going to go for one of the above for my 2006 sti

options

1/ KAD six pots seem like a very good pound for pound option. so far.

2/ AP expensive but at the top of the game.

3/ performance Friction good things said when name is mentioned and a group buy on at moment.

4/ stoptech group buy on now as well not sure if this is going to cover new age.

Any opinion welcome ... please
Old 04 February 2008, 09:16 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

AP................ all day long
Old 04 February 2008, 09:40 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Do your homework is all i will say! Get some advice from the experts for what you actually want from your brakes. Do you track the car? Are you a middle pedal maniac? Do you really need a full upgrade?
I have StopTechs on an MY03 WRX, and yes i have slagged them off in the past for various problems (a VERY long story), but now i have them sorted, they do work very well, just ask Paul at Zen Performance what he thinks! LOL. They are on his monster of a car.
And the price in the GB seems reasonable just having a quick look around.
IF you do get the StopTech kit, do NOT use the crappy Axxis Ultimate pads, they are well ****e and that of course imho. I thought they were ok until i switched to BHP XPS pads (now discontinued).
Next will be either DS2500 or Pagid.
I do not track my car so cannot comment on StopTech for that but plenty do of course.
I also have oem 17" wheels with the 328mm kit and there is just room to fit
They do look the dogs actually in red caliper.
Old 04 February 2008, 10:46 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

hi madass no track day just could not do it to the old girl.yes mate have read all about your stopteck expirience . glad u have it sorted and from what i have read on the group buy they talk a very good game.

The problem is i would like to know peoples own cross expirinces with different brands . i know only to well from my own expirience just how well the AP,s can do they out shine my brembos like night and day....
Old 05 February 2008, 01:24 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

dynamix wrote a good review of his experiences of the brembos+ Performance Friction Brakes on track: https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...es-up-job.html
Old 06 February 2008, 06:56 AM
wrx450
Scooby Regular

Location: Somewhere in Cyprus hunting down Ferraris, Porsches and that damn Veyron

I have had the KAD kit on my classic WRX for close to five years. Very impressed. Tried a friends STi with AP's and in fast road driving could not feel any difference.

At the time they were a fair bit cheaper. I am not sure what improvements have been done over the years on either, so could be different story now.
Old 06 February 2008, 07:41 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you really need a brake upgrade if your are not tracking the car ?

The std brembos are perfectly adequate for the job on the road no matter how hard you drive them.

If you are needing new discs and pads then I would wholeheartedly say that performance friction are the ones to choose. They are perfect on the road and cheaper than OE parts. If you wanted to take them on track too, then they will not let you down.

I will be running Performance Friction discs / pads in this year's Time Attack - I feel no need to change from this.

If you feel the need to go AP then you obviously have too much money to spare on things that you wont use